[Christmas Present] Directv R-15 DVR

Cheater

Veteran XX
Anyone know what the USB ports are connected to. I called the tech guys at DTV last night and they said it's reserved for future use and wouldn't tell me anything.

LOL But seriously When the dude was installing mine I asked him the same thing. He never answered my question.

according to satelliteguys.us

The USB port is not yet active, but this time DIRECTV is very serious about activating the bi-directional USB for many applications in the near future.

There is a Direct TV installer that lives in my building next time I see him I will ask him. I wonder now why he wasn't the guy who installed mine?

they probably didnt answer because they probably didnt know. when i worked at brighthouse, they would never tell us what the usb ports on the digital boxes were for, because they didnt know. The only people that know are the hardware manufacturers themselves.

Yeah it doesnt do anything, apparently there were/are devices that you would slave onto it (like a daughterboard type device) but thats about it.

Cheater said:
Anyone know what the USB ports are connected to. I called the tech guys at DTV last night and they said it's reserved for future use and wouldn't tell me anything.
I have an old Ultimate TV and it has USB ports that were going to be used for future use, however they were never used.

I've read of a lot of problems with the R-15, have you noticed any.

Back