wine gurus

my gf's mom wanted that kind and i was wondering if its any good cause i want to find a wine i can drink that doesnt taste like shit

i have heard this too
but some expensive wine tastes like fucking scotch, which is sick unless its scotch

THE BEST WINE EVER!!!!!

Copper Ridge Merlot

But good luck finding it. I know a liquor store owner and buy 10+ bottles a year.

Falhawk said:
ok seriously get the hell out of this thread.
I don't see what so bad about buying decent priced wine. Copper Ridge is only sold to resturants thats why it is hard to get unless you know Resturant owners or Store owners. At a resturant I usually dine at each glass of that stuff is $13 a peice.

Alpine said:
I don't see what so bad about buying decent priced wine. Copper Ridge is only sold to resturants thats why it is hard to get unless you know Resturant owners or Store owners. At a resturant I usually dine at each glass of that stuff is $13 a peice.

it wasn't the price

it was the variety of wine that you were promoting.

white zin is like barely a step above boones farm.

it would be as if this were a thread about good beers and you started talking about crazy horse or colt 45

when I want to cheap it out I drink Glen Ellen or CK Mondavi cabernet

The Three Blind Moose stuff is also good.

I've tried some pricy stuff as well but I don't remember names.

you can get a great bottle of wine for anywhere from $8-$15

I see no reason to spend more than that. I have, but they didn't blow me away.

Falhawk said:
true dat

greg norman cab is my favorite.

it is so smooth, it is like drinking velvet (except you'd choke on velvet)

i wasnt going to make fun of you for saying retarded things in this thread

but then you said greg norman cab is your favorite

lol.

t-funk, what variety of black tower wine? where are the grapes grown? What year? the name sounds like a retarded marketing gimmick (like most australian wines) so i would be wary of it.

edit: and it goes without saying that whether the wine is $6 or $60, if you like it you like it. Find what you like :) And that being said, the most expensive bottle of wine ive ever had is also the best ive ever had. Ive also had bottles that scored 92-95 in wine advocate that i didnt like at all, and some that scored poorly that i thought tasted great.

Last edited:
Back