[NFL] America's Team

Alvarez

Veteran XX
The Indianapolis Colts

I just came across this... I know there are some Patriot fanboys that bash the Colts, however these same people tune in just to hopefully see them fail. I admit the Patriots have done amazing things and are a dynasty winning 3 out of 4 superbowls. However Cowherd has some excellent points here...

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/audiochoose?id=2242810#

if that doesn't work goto this link and click on America's Team

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/clipArchive?showID=theherd#

Last edited:
The colts remind me a lot of the 90's cowboys to some extent. With 7 players going to the Pro Bowl this year they have the talent and entertainment value no doubt.

America's team surely not the Colts. Its still the PATRIOTS duh.

Patriot in their name, Red/White/Blue colors, stars and shit, plus they have a colonial dude on their helmet. Obviously Americas team duh.

fyi - people who waste even a moment thinking about which football team is "America's Team" should be shot - in Iraq

Spydur said:
America's team surely not the Colts. Its still the PATRIOTS duh.

Patriot in their name, Red/White/Blue colors, stars and shit, plus they have a colonial dude on their helmet. Obviously Americas team duh.

listen to the audio... he calls the Patriots the Menudo of the NFL, with interchanging parts.

arcadus said:
haha colts lost to the chargers

So did the world champs and a bunch of other teams... every team in the NFL has now lost at least twice as many games as the colts have... The reality is though, the colts lost a meaningless game to a team that was playing for their lives. It was a very entertaining game though, the chargers played their hearts out.

I am glad we can rest our injured though now with no regret and get healthy before the playoffs!

Alvarez said:
The colts remind me a lot of the 90's cowboys to some extent. With 7 players going to the Pro Bowl this year they have the talent and entertainment value no doubt.

Lets wait until the colts actually win a playoff game before we compare them to a dynasty

Dysc0rd said:
Lets wait until the colts actually win a playoff game before we compare them to a dynasty

Colts beat KC and Manning put up a near perfect passer rating. Also the Colts have beat the Broncos 2 years in a row in pretty decisive wins.

However you reinforce his points, go listen.

Finski said:
Americans love underdogs. Thusly, "America's Team" cannot be the Colts.

Name an underdog america has loved in the last century? Ali? Cowboys? Bulls? I know America has loved all of these and they aren't what I consider "underdogs"

Heck for a short time boxing fans of america loved Mike Tyson and most his fights ended in minutes. His PPVs still sold great.

Alvarez said:
Name an underdog america has loved in the last century? Ali? Cowboys? Bulls? I know America has loved all of these and they aren't what I consider "underdogs"

The New England Motherfuckin' Patriots. They were heavy underdogs in 2001, and when they opted to be introduced as a team, instead of individually, that sealed the deal. How could you not root for that team?

Finski said:
The New England Motherfuckin' Patriots. They were heavy underdogs in 2001, and when they opted to be introduced as a team, instead of individually, that sealed the deal. How could you not root for that team?

Yea they are a great TEAM there is no doubt about it. Go listen to the audio you will see his point. He isn't putting the patriots down, just making a VERY strong case for the Colts being americas team.

HatMan said:
Try winning a Superbowl first, Colts.

go listen to the audio... his point is that the colts don't HAVE to win a superbowl... without winning a superbowl they are more popular in america than the patriots who have won an AMAZING 3 in 4 years. He said the colts are Guns N Roses as opposed to the Patriots being Menudo or some boy band with changeable parts. If the colts lose their lead singer they are DONE. Its pretty interesting the argument he makes.

Last edited:
It'd be easier for the Colts to win without Manning then the Patriots to win without Brady. Shit, I could rack up some decent numbers myself if I had Harrison to throw at.

Back