Indash dvd/cd deck question.

|baby|roach|

Veteran X
Im currently looking for a deck to play dvd's in my car. Ive got the lastest alpine deck but it wont play movies but I have a friend that has a jvc kd-dv5000 dvd deck that hes willing to trade plus cash.
Is this jvc deck any good? Im getting a very good 6.5 widescreen lcd for it. Would the deck provide very good image quality?
I cant seem to find any good reviews for it...
Anyone have experiance with this deck?
this is the deck,
http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-JVC_KD_DV5000
thanks

How much did you pay for your stereo? We'll call this answer "a"

After you answer that question, answer this one:

How much cash does he want along with your stereo for the trade? We'll call this answer "b"

Then answer this question:

What is the retail cost of the DVD player you are getting? Let this be "c"

Add those two values together a + b

if a + b = .66(c)

then do it.

if a + b != .66(c)

then tell him to fuck off.

I got the deck for pretty much nothing. The dvd deck he has is around 400$ can at this moment. Im gona be making money out of the deal anyways but thats no the point.
I wana know if this dvd deck puts out a good image at all. Since i cant find reviews im pretty much clueless...

It will probably put out a great picture. Two things to consider:

1) Your screen is probably only going to be 7 inches wide, maybe 8 or 9.

2) It will probably use composite or s-video, and definetely won't use component. The reason this is a good thing is because component is really the only feed that you have to worry about when considering artifacts and imag distortion. S-video, basically just sharpens and image really well, and we are all familiar with how composite works.

Edit: I see it use Optical output. It uses only one wire for both audio and visual like coax. The picture is way better than coax though, and optical digital is practically impervious to radio frequency interference. Not a bad deal :bigthumb:

Last edited:
Back