Holy sweet God I have a place to live!

fartiusstinkius

Veteran XV
Damn I am so happy right now. I've been looking for a place to live here in Berlin starting January 1st for like a month and a half now. I've sent around 50 emails and met with a bunch of people. [Aside: That's odd, there a lady bug walking around my desk. I also think I just killed it by picking it up too hard :(] Every group of people I've met with has always been really good. I've always hit it off with the people, but for some reason or another, they always decided for someone else.

This was starting to get a little nerveracking, since I planned on going on vacation to Sweden for Christmas and needed a place when I return. Fuck I'm so happy. I'm living with two German female students who are both very cute :)browsmilie) and also seem really cool. I'm going to stay there until I move back to the US sometime in July/August. I'm fucking done searching for a place to live here in Berlin. I can now just focus on enjoying myself.

Now for the self-reflection part:

What I've learned from the process. Most people are pretty cool and there's really nothing to worry about talking to people to live with just because you've never known them. The best is just to give them as much info as possible about yourself and then if they choose to meet you, just be friendly and be yourself. The most important thing seems to be to have a positive outlook on it all. It was always nerveracking, but getting to worked up about it really wasn't going to make it any better.

I've also realized that I can live with most people. I tend to be very easy going. I don't really create too many problems and I can definitely take a lot of shit. I've also realized that as long as I don't allow myself to go into my "shymode" I can be very outgoing when necessary and get to know people quickly.

Oh well that's about it. I'm just happy right now. I'll put up some cliffs for you lazy fuckers.

-Been searching for a couple months for an apartment
-Sent a shitload of emails/saw a bunch of places
-Finally found a place that seems cool all around
-Now I'm happy :)

Raze1 said:
You have 24 hours for pics or ban.
Yeah I'm not about to bring a camera to talk to the girls the first time I meet them so I can post them on tribalwar. I'm actually not going to post them for this reason either. So I guess I'll just have to get banned then.

I erstachen einmal eine Frau in einem Stab in Berlin. Einmal gehabtes Geschlecht I mit einem Pferd in Berlin.

fartiusstinkius said:
Yeah I'm not about to bring a camera to talk to the girls the first time I meet them so I can post them on tribalwar. I'm actually not going to post them for this reason either. So I guess I'll just have to get banned then.

Admins: Please fulfill request.

:ban:

SureShot said:
you have the worst name on tw
That's the natural result of regging a name you thought was cool when you were 10. I've gotten quite used to how bad it is. I also haven't had anyone tell me this for a long time (I used to be told it all the time as a member).

fartiusstinkius said:
That's the natural result of regging a name you thought was cool when you were 10. I've gotten quite used to how bad it is. I also haven't had anyone tell me this for a long time (I used to be told it all the time as a member).
What is a 13 year old doing alone in Germany?

chubbly0 said:
What is a 13 year old doing alone in Germany?
No I used the name when I was 10 and liked it then. When I was regging for tribalwar it was during a 6 month period or so when regs was turned off so when it finally worked I just put down the first name that came to mind. It turned out to be this one. I also didn't plan to post as much here as I ended up doing.

First of all, congratulations. I know that kind of good feeling you get; I just spent 3 weeks hanging around cambridge (east coast, not england), staying with a swiss physicist friend and generally just enjoying being somewhere that wasn't familiar. It rocks.

Secondly, that's how I got my nick. My first nick and my first password I will never forget. My first password is a sequence of keys that I tapped out over and over on the keyboard in class when I was bored as a 4th-grader, on both the keypad and the keyboard, and so I ended up with a nice alphanumeric password that I can knock out lickety-split. And my username I got because I was regging my first email address and I wanted something vaguely ironic, and as a 12-year-old the whole "Mr. Myfirstname" fit the bill. Since I needed a space, I used an underscore.

Ever since then, few other names feel as cozy as this one. If only gmail allowed 5-letter addresses ... sigh.

One of the funny things was that when she called she first said something in really fast German and I was like "wie bitte" (all this time thinking in my head stay relaxed and confirm) and then when i said "so i can have the apartment" she said "Ja" (at this point i thought just answer normally don't act too excitedly happy) and then we decided to meet on thursday. after the phonecall i promptly danced around my room and acted like an idiot out of happiness. :)

Back