How did you find out Santa wasn't real?

-Thanatos

Veteran X
I grew up never believing in Santa. At the time, my family was too poor to afford many/ any presents for us kids [I have 2 siblings] so they needed some excuse to tell us why we didn't get anything from the Jolly old fat guy on Christmas morn. They decided on telling us that when my dad was serving in Vietnam, Santa flew over and my dad shot him down thinking he was the enemy.

Same type of excuse was used for the easter bunny :(

So, teedub, how did you find out santa wasn't real?

I was like 6 and got Battleship for christmas... but it didnt come in the box.

Later that year I went in the attic with my dad and found the box. It took a lot not to tell everybody.

My friends were talking about it. I pretty much played dumb, saying that I knew that was the case as well. Inside, I cried. :(

I was like 7 and i got this train set that my mom had ordered. She said it was from santa but the shipping label was still on the out box, so I knew...I knew...

age 10(snooping age), found same wrapping paper that santa had on our presents in my parents closet. Santa died that day.

WHAT!! Why would you say a thing like that! Santa is real. He was invented by the marketing department of Coca Cola and that makes him as real as anything else.

found my xmas presents, and then for xmas i got a book or something and in the inside it was signed "from santa" i knew what my dads hand writing looked like. i hate that day

One day in kindergarten I was talking to some kid after some people had been talking about Christmas. He said, "Man, everybody knows that Santa is just your parents." I never knew that, but I just played it cool. "Yeah, I know!"

When my Dad was working on our furnace in the basement. I was down there watching him, and I realized that nobody's ass was fitting through that small space, let alone a big fat guy with a bag full of packages.

LEGZ said:
found my xmas presents, and then for xmas i got a book or something and in the inside it was signed "from santa" i knew what my dads hand writing looked like. i hate that day
same except it was my mom's handwriting

My dad told me when I was 4 or 5 and he was drunk off his ass.

"There's no fucking santa claus!"

I was like "Cool, give me a beer you fucking bastard."

Back