My Grandfather's Will

MoneyShot

Veteran X
My grandfather is in bad shape right now, fighting cancer. He can't talk or walk on his own. His will states that my family has a certain amount of money coming to us. However, my grandma is saying that she is going to change his will so that no one gets anything until she dies. Is it possible for a spouse to change your will when you are alive/dead without permission?

MoneyShot said:
My grandfather is in bad shape right now, fighting cancer. He can't talk or walk on his own. His will states that my family has a certain amount of money coming to us. However, my grandma is saying that she is going to change his will so that no one gets anything until she dies. Is it possible for a spouse to change your will when you are alive/dead without permission?
Your grandmother is a selfish whore, kill her.

only if he 'says' he says that his will is that you guys get it.. but it is not written. if it is not written, you guys are screwed

She would be able to if she has a power of attorney, I would think.

Not too mention whatever they have is half her's irregardless of what the will would say...

My grandmother is far from selfish, she's the nicest women in the world that's why I wasn't going to say anything to her. I just wanted to know if she has the right to do it.

I never even thought about his will until she mentioned something.

How much money are we talking about here?

It may be wise to "contract" an outside "negotiator" if you get my drift.

You guys just don't know what she can do. He could have given her complete power of attorney, or it could have been granted to her by the court.

The will my grandfather left was a written will, and his attorny has it. Here is basically a break down of the cash. My grandmother would get whatever is remaining, which I'm sure he left her a good amount of money.

100k to my family
5k to me
5k to my brother
100k to my uncle's family
5k to my cousin

if grandma has a power of attorney you might be fooked.

way to be a piece of shit for fighting over gramp's money before he's even dead

Back