[halp] lcd monitor prices & black friday weekend

ok so I have around $200 to spend on an lcd. I found this 19 inch at newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009067

I was wondering if I should wait closer to the holidays and get a dell widescreen or should I just go for this acer with 8 ms response. I havent been keeping up on deals @ bensbargains so I dunno what a good deal would be now. But I heard that dell wasnt going to have any more lcd deals until next year (got that from bensbargains). halp pls.

any other lcd suggestions are welcome btw.

I use 2 17" Acer LCDs at home and they're excellent... no complaints whatsoever. I've also installed 35 of them in a clinic about a year ago and there's not a single problem on any of them. The model is AL1715. Great screens.

CRT monitors require analog signals... so the conversion takes place at the VGA output. LCDs require a digital signal, so if you connect it to a VGA output, the signals are first converted from digital to analog at the card, then back from analog to digital at the monitor.... hence less image quality.

I dropped 435 on the dell 2005fpw last night. E-peen++

They're 25% off for about a week for those who are interested.

after using a DVI LCD when you switch to analog you can immediatly see the imperfections

it actually shocked me how obvious they were, and i never had any idea before i got used to dvi

I would just like to post this picture again. Thanks.

bigmonitor.JPG

26" Westinghouse.

Antilles said:
I would just like to post this picture again. Thanks.

[ximg]http://www.rockstarscomic.com/bigmonitor.JPG[/img]

26" Westinghouse.

LCD TVs suck as monitors.

1360x768 is terrible.

amRam said:
LCD TVs suck as monitors.

1360x768 is terrible.

that westinghouse is 1280x720 EDTV

aka it's crap (well not total crap)

I see you have a tablet there, did you buy that monitor for graphics work?

When the specs list it as "HDTV Ready" it's probably EDTV and that means you shouldnt buy it usually. NOt being able to do true HDTV on an LCD is a real shame since the adv of an LCD is the highest picture quality possible.

I dunno, I just don't believe in big LCDs yet. Bigger than 24" or so you should really go with a CRT

Last edited:
Back