tell me about eve

Falhawk

Veteran XX
I like flight sims

is it a flight sim?

are there aspects of it that are like that?

what kind of game is it?

how many hours at a sitting and per week do you need to be effective in this game?

Falhawk said:
I like flight sims

is it a flight sim?
I would say no. Most of the flight control is done through clicking things.

how many hours at a sitting and per week do you need to be effective in this game?
Skills train whether you're playing or not, so really once you get an idea how the game works, you don't have to spend a lot of time playing it to improve your stats.

You do need to be online though to earn ISK, regardless of how generous TWers are to you.

Its not Tribes 4, thats probably its biggest downfall.

Falhawk said:
I like flight sims

is it a flight sim?

what kind of game is it?

You don't actually have to do anything to play.

Which might be its biggest downfall, actually...

Falhawk said:
I like flight sims

is it a flight sim?

what kind of game is it?

The actual in space manuvering is done by double clicking a point in space, which then moves your ship in that direction. To change direction, you double click a different point in space. You can change the speed and direction at which you move, but you wont be using a joystick for this... ;)

PVP is fun once you get your skills/money together, but numbers matter most. A good player can take on superior numbers and win, but overall numbers are greater than skill.

There is a tactical/strategic aspect to the game that is a lot of fun though. Putting yourself/group in an advantageous position to win a battle is the challenge.

The rest of the game is very open ended, and you can spend your time making money in various ways. You can mine, trade, be a pirate...etc.

My advice to you is to give the 14day free trial a shot, if you are interested. You don't have to pay anything, and you can see if you like how the game plays.

As others have said above, you can train your skill while you are offline, which is a plus. However, while at first you will train very fast, after about a month you will have to wait days for skills to train. That is the biggest downfall I've found so far. Otherwise, it's lots of fun.. :D

i would say its mostly like freelancer but much larger scale and not shitty

I haven't fired up any other game since I started the trial.

Not sure if that is a compliment to this game, or an indicator of the state of the gaming industry. :sunny:

Back