Steve Smith is the BEST WR in the NFL.

ballmilk

Contributor
Veteran XV
With todays performance, and the stats. he is putting up this year there is no doubt 89 is the man.Owens and Moss cant even hold his jock.

hmm

1. J. Porter OAK 123 yds, 2 TD
2. S. Smith CAR 201 yds, 1 TD
3. E. Wilford JAC 145 yds, 1 TD
4. K. Curtis STL 105 yds, 1 TD

I'd rather him make 80 more yards than another touchdown :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Compare their stats. for the year so far, and Steve Smith even had a bye week last week.His rac yards is unreal.Look it up bitches, he is the best in the league.

People that doubt his talent have probably never watched him play this season. Nearly every throw to him is off by more than a little and he makes the catch and goes for additional yards.

I don't know about the best in the league, but he is up there.

uh, a) the season isn't over b) this season's stats aren't all that matter c) you're an idiot

WrathChild said:
People that doubt his talent have probably never watched him play this season. Nearly every throw to him is off by more than a little and he makes the catch and goes for additional yards.

I don't know about the best in the league, but he is up there.
so his inability to run routes properly, but his ability to still manage to make difficult catches makes him great?

Ptavv said:
so his inability to run routes properly, but his ability to still manage to make difficult catches makes him great?

I'm guessing you are one of those I mentioned that never really watched him play much.

Delhomme throws off the receiver even when wide open.. today's TD is a perfect example. Smith totally loses his cover and is in the end zone with no defense within 5 yards, Delhomme throws from around the 10 and it's over his head.

Well, from a Fantasy standpoint, the thread starter is pretty much absolutely correct. I'm not saying he's the best "real-life-I'm-building-a-franchise-let's-pick-a-WR" receiver, but uhhh yeah, in Fantasy, it's Mr. Smith all the way. And to think, I got him in the 5th round...ahhhh ;)

I have smith on 4 of my 5 fantasy teams cause espn had him ranked something inane like 78th overall.

smoot is a fucking joke and just got exposed. He is decent but he is no where close to the all star corner he talks himself up to be

steve smith is good enough to deserve double coverage but not good enough to put in the same sentence as Moss or Owens

Owens just single handedly got the Eagles back in the game with a 90+ yard TD :shrug:

http://www.nfl.com/stats
Who wants to agrue now?
I know he doesnt have a nike ad yet, but he IS the best in the game.
He is putting up these numbers in a run first offense also.
I told you so.
BTW Falcons 13 Panthers 21.

Back