ATi x800 GTO -> x850 XT Mod

FSB-SPY

Veteran XX
Introduction

Sapphire's special version of the X800 GTO is called X800 GTO². As you can see in the following picture it uses an R480 core, which is also used on the X850 Pro, XT and XT PE.

The GTO² is a special product from Sapphire only. Neither the regular GTO, nor the GTO Ultimate use the unlockable chips. If it does not have ² in the name, it can't be unlocked.

UPDATE: The X800 GTO cards from Connect3D can also be unlocked, see page 4 of this article.

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/vidcard/127/1

nice

Stick to being a faggot please, at least then I could somehow discern it. I have no idea where you got the "boylove" bit from.

:confused:

FSB-SPY said:
Stick to being a faggot please, at least then I could somehow discern it. I have no idea where you got the "boylove" bit from.

:confused:

you have a man as you sig, and some incoherable word, but it does contain all the letters of boy and luv, so i call COVER UP FAGGOT

thats cool
i modded an x800 pro vivo to an xt pe

edit: BlankEmail please go find another chatboard. thatd be great. weve got plenty of losers like you here and we dont need any more right now. dont call us well call you when we get low again.

Last edited:
BlankEmail said:
you have a man as you sig, and some incoherable word, but it does contain all the letters of boy and luv, so i call COVER UP FAGGOT

hehe. you win!!! so sorry.

edit: nolt, does it really give you (what they wrote) 30% increase in all benches? That big of a difference? Because getting the performance of a 500 dollar card from a 220 dollar one doesn't sound half-bad...

well honestly i dont know much about these newer cards at all, and the reason that i modded that pro vivo to the xt pe was because the xt pe's just werent available on the market.

the only bit of advice that i can give you that may be in any way helpful is that there seemed to be quite a bit of variability from one card to the next.

granted were talking about two entirely different cards but for example....

i got a tip from rage 3d about some built-by-ati x800 pros that were actually pro vivos, and people were successfully unlocking pipes and flashing bios to xt pe.
i went out and bought one and after modding it, honestly it didnt reach xt pe speeds. since i was buying it local at compusa i took it back and got another one and modded it. the second one i bought did fine at the higher clock/memory speeds. ive actually got it running higher than what xt pe's came out of the box. and its been fine for about a year now.

i know that ati was having problems getting good chips at the time and thats prolly why they were just selling those cards clocked lower. i dont guess theres any reason to believe that the same situation applies to these new cards.

but to summerize: if you plan on modding a card and can get it locally for a comparable price id do that to keep your options open if it doesnt end up like you think it should.

edit: it should be noted that there are plenty of people here that know quite a bit more about vid cards than i do. hopefully they will post something worth reading.

Last edited:
Back