G5, G7, or Copphead?

Gizmo

Veteran XV
i cannot decide for the life of me :[ only thing is though after seeing a G5 in person, it is pretty ugly...i don't like the rustic look, it is however still very comfortable and I like being able to see the sensitivity on the mouse itself...

g7 - dont know if i trust wireless yet, however my friend has an mx1000 and it felt awesome...just dont know if the extra money is worth it?

copperhead - never owned a razer before, friend had a razer boomslang a long time ago... the 'always on' laser technology seems kind of cool, but I was wondering if that would shorten the life of the mouse? plus it glows blue

only downside i see to the copperhead is that it is a really low profile mouse and might be hard on the wrists if you have carpal tunnel?

ick ball mice... and yea i havent gotten to hold the copperhead yet, just seen one

and i think i have slight CTS -- random wrist pains sometimes, but maybe its from jerkin it, who knows

I've never used any of these, so I'm not going to offer an opinion about them.

But, if the G7 is anything like the MX 1000, you shouldn't have to worry about it being wireless.

Just for the record, I don't have a track ball mouse. I'm not that ghetto.

swisschamp1.jpg

Guy: "Looks like there's gonna be a brawl, what music ya gonna' play?"
Chris Farley: "Rolling Stones, Street Fightin'.... G7!!!" *pushes button*
Guy: "Dude, you just hit G8."

Music plays: "Do you like Pina Coladas? And Getting Caught in the Rain?"
*Norm MacDonald gets hit with a pool cue*

:rofl: Best fucking movie ever.

i read a review cooperhead vs g5 the guy said he liked the g5 the best

im not sure about the g7 though i dont know if it has a docking bay to recharge which is prolly a reason why the mx1000 was so good

i think the g5 you can adjust the weight of the mouse with underneath weights or something, i like heavy mice so thats cool if it really makes a difference

im looking at buying a g5 myself but ive never felt it yet so im gonna try it in the store

I was under the impression the Razer also had different weights to add on and that the G7 was the MX 1000's replacement.

poisonspider said:
i read a review cooperhead vs g5 the guy said he liked the g5 the best

im not sure about the g7 though i dont know if it has a docking bay to recharge which is prolly a reason why the mx1000 was so good

i think the g5 you can adjust the weight of the mouse with underneath weights or something, i like heavy mice so thats cool if it really makes a difference

im looking at buying a g5 myself but ive never felt it yet so im gonna try it in the store

ah thanks for the reply... yea the adjustable weights is kinda neat but honestly i think id just find a weight i like and always keep it at that....aside from that i felt the g5 at best buy and the sides feel nice, the top is kinda weird but i think i could get used to it... if the g7 doesnt have a rechargable dock then thats a huge downer :\ guess its between the g5 and CH now

Don't forget the G7 is laser, whereas the G5 is optical. Optical is so last year.

And I really don't think Logitech would make something that isn't rechargeable. It might not have a dock, but there is definitely a way to recharge your batteries.

"The Logitech G5 Laser Mouse gives you the edge with a 2000 dpi laser engine"
Theres nothing wrong with optical mice, I'm still using my MX500.

bLiSS said:
Don't forget the G7 is laser, whereas the G5 is optical. Optical is so last year.

And I really don't think Logitech would make something that isn't rechargeable. It might not have a dock, but there is definitely a way to recharge your batteries.

ah im pretty sure the g5 is laser

I should read the entire sentence before posting.

Logitech G5 said:
Features: PC • Optical • USB • Scroll wheel • Application Switch • Tilt Wheel Plus Zoom™ • Right-Handed Comfort Grip • Laser Technology

Optical, as opposed to ball.

If the G7 doesn't have a charging dock, how does it charge? (plug in? removable batteries?) Personally, I hate charging docks; I'd rather have my shit plug in. With my mx1000 (and this is my only complaint) you have to wiggle it around and get it in there just right to get it to charge.

As I said in my previous post, I only took 10 seconds to see the details on the Logitech page.

But, it seems like they're using Li-ion battery thingies that plug into the base station and recharge there. You then swap it in your mouse to use.

Back