'Terrorist Act' on Georgia Tech Campus

JoMo

Veteran XX
'Terrorist Act' on Tech Campus

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=70306

Three explosive devices found in a courtyard between two Georgia Tech dormitories on the East Campus Monday morning were part of a "terrorist act," an Atlanta police official said.

One of the devices exploded, injuring the custodian who found them inside a plastic bag. Two others were detonated by a bomb squad.

The custodian suffered ringing to the ears and was treated at a local hospital. The events led to a temporary evacuation Monday morning.

"It is a terrorist act at this point and depending on the outcome of the investigation it potentially could become a federal violation as well," said Major C.W. Moss of the Atlanta Police Department.

The custodian found the three devices about 9 a.m. in a plastic-type garbage bag, Moss said. When he picked up the bag, one exploded, as it was designed to do when handled. The explosives were made up of chemicals placed inside water bottles and could have seriously injured someone, officials said. Numerous agencies were on the Georgia Tech campus to search for suspects.

"It will be a joint investigation between the Atlanta Police Department, the Georgia Tech Police Department, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the FBI and the Joint Terrorism Task Force. Every possible lead will be followed," said Major Moss.

About 100 students were evacuated from the Cloudman and Glenn dormitories, according to school spokeswoman Amelia Gambino.

terror.jpg

Must have been a shitty bomb if the custodian picked it up and only got ringing in the ears.

Sounds like they were prank devices... not "bombs" in the sense that they blow up and kill people..... however, it's really stupid to be pulling those kinds of pranks after 9/11 and if they catch the person, he'll be going to GITMO.

JoMo said:
Three explosive devices found in a courtyard between two Georgia Tech dormitories...

this is why you don't leave your lab experiments laying around just anywhere.

:spineyes:

PoorDoggy said:
What would be the political purpose of hitting a college janitor with a shitty flashbang?

well he got at least one retard to spread the word of terror

JerryGarcia said:
we had some jackass do this in the courtyard of my friends dorm last year in a coke bottle.

yeah, how's it done though? From my understanding it's a compressed 'water bottle' set off by fireworks or what?

All it takes is baking soda and vinegar mixed in a 2 litre empy soda bottle, put cap on, place down, as soon as someone moves it or shakes it, boom.

Zear said:
When did any random 'bomb' become terrorism?

Because there were 3 of them, and it's intention was to cause 'terror/fear'.

If you build a bomb for whatever reason, such as just an experiment, you don't put it in a dumpster or set it somewhere, where someone may get hurt, you go and explode it out in the wilderness or something.

Still, these types of things happened before 9/11 and nobody called them terrorism then. Now, any bomb in public is terrorism. I don't buy it.

And while I have absolutely no intention of building a bomb, if I was gonna do it, I would be tempted by a dumpster. More likely I could see it and still claim bystander, better bang, more debris blown all over, etc.

Last edited:
Back