how do I open .vol files?

WorstAim said:
...yes, you can. You can't edit them (you could but it would give you errors when you tried to run it), but you CAN open and read them as .vols. Don't believe me? Go to your base folder, and open scripts.vol in notepad. If you want to edit them you have to unvol them with a program like winVOL or VisualVOL.

Makes sense. The same would be true for any specific file-type, jackass.

"Uh..yeah, you can open ZIP files in notepad! Harharhahrhar"

NoFiX said:
Makes sense. The same would be true for any specific file-type, jackass.

"Uh..yeah, you can open ZIP files in notepad! Harharhahrhar"

You're such a stupid cunt. I told him how to read tribes vols that contained scripts. I assumed that's all he wanted. He didn't ask how to edit them, just how to open them, and perhaps even read their contents. I can't believe you're trying to argue about something so trivial and stupid. You have no idea how much I would love to punch you in the mouth because you keep trying to start arguments with me for no reason. Don't give me this "WELL IT"S CAUSE YOU WERE WRONG LOL" bullshit. Do you think that your posts are actually funny? Because they aren't. And I'm not saying that because I don't like you, I'm saying that because your posts are not funny. You were probably that kid in school who tried to be funny, and tried to be accepted, but never could.

WorstAim's Brother said:

That was fucking hilarious by the way. Oh, wait, it wasn't because nothing you ever post is funny. Your Photoshops all suck, and your jokes are just retarded. "WorstAim's Brother"? Not only did that not make sense, but it was fucking stupid. Maybe something like, "WorstAim's suckup" (which Slitz is not) would have made some sense because your trying to get the point across that he agrees with me (maybe because I'm right dingleberry?), but "WorstAim's Brother" is just plain and simple fucking retarded... just like you. You are an idiot. You ever wonder why people don't like you on the anni boards? Or maybe even why people don't like you here? It's because you're an annoying jackass who thinks he's funny. You're that stupid kid who laughs at his own jokes because no one else thinks they're funny. Go away and stop posting.

Last edited:
Stimpson said:
There's a program for this because I used to have it, but is there another more generic compression thingy which would work?
Winvol to open: http://plasmatic.annihilation.info/winvol.zip
Visual VT to close: http://plasmatic.annihilation.info/setup-vvt10.zip

Or this .bat tool I wrote to do both.
http://www.tribes0.com/ann3_VolTool.zip

If you have T1 Modding questions, they're more likely to get answered (correctly) in the forums at http://www.annihilation.info

WorstAim said:
You're such a stupid cunt. I told him how to read tribes vols that contained scripts. I assumed that's all he wanted. He didn't ask how to edit them, just how to open them, and perhaps even read their contents. I can't believe you're trying to argue about something so trivial and stupid. You have no idea how much I would love to punch you in the mouth because you keep trying to start arguments with me for no reason. Don't give me this "WELL IT"S CAUSE YOU WERE WRONG LOL" bullshit. Do you think that your posts are actually funny? Because they aren't. And I'm not saying that because I don't like you, I'm saying that because your posts are not funny. You were probably that kid in school who tried to be funny, and tried to be accepted, but never could.

That was fucking hilarious by the way. Oh, wait, it wasn't because nothing you ever post is funny. Your Photoshops all suck, and your jokes are just retarded. "WorstAim's Brother"? Not only did that not make sense, but it was fucking stupid. Maybe something like, "WorstAim's suckup" (which Slitz is not) would have made some sense because your trying to get the point across that he agrees with me (maybe because I'm right dingleberry?), but "WorstAim's Brother" is just plain and simple fucking retarded... just like you. You are an idiot. You ever wonder why people don't like you on the anni boards? Or maybe even why people don't like you here? It's because you're an annoying jackass who thinks he's funny. You're that stupid kid who laughs at his own jokes because no one else thinks they're funny. Go away and stop posting.

A true coffer of logic and sense!

NoFiX said:
Notepad doesn't offer binary file access. Thus, by editing a binary file with Notepad, all you'll be doing is creating a corrupt file.

So, no, vol's cannot be edited with Notepad. Fuckin retard.
Idk if it's a language thing, but to me editing doesn't have to involve saving. I realize now that's how it's perceived. I always go into scripts.vol instead of the individual files when I'm looking for a script to edit, because it's faster to search. I edit it right in there, copy and exit without saving. Now because you edit in it doesn't mean you actually edited the file, until you save. Fine, I'm a retard.

Back