First exclusive Xbox Live Arcade title for Xbox 360.....from Garage Games.

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
Microsoft said it was going to be taking the Xbox Live service to the next level with the Xbox 360, and the company looks to make good on that right out of the gate. Today, Microsoft and GarageGames announced the first exclusive Xbox Live Arcade title for the Xbox 360, Marble Blast Ultra.

Marble Blast Ultra is the latest in GarageGames's Marble Blast series, an online arcade action game in which players navigate their marbles through moving platforms and dangerous hazards while collecting gems and power-ups. The game was designed with players of all ages in mind.

Gamers will likely need a hard drive-equipped Xbox 360 in order to download the game. A GarageGames spokesman said Marble Blast Ultra technically would be able to fit on a memory card, but only if the Xbox Live Arcade architecture would allow downloads directly to memory cards.

A specific release date hasn't been named, but the game should be available around the system's launch window. Pricing information for the game has not yet been released.

good job guys!! I'll buy it just to support ya.

wait wait wait wait wait

you basically NEED the expensive aka real one to have basic functionality?!?!

SHOCKING

the core package is kind of pointless since for $100 you get a hd, wireless controller and all that jazz, when the hd alone is supposed to retail for $100

GB.Fireman X said:
Would you be able to play rpg's without the hard drive? If not, bleh :[
you should be able to save to memory card, but I'm sure you'll end up needing one for each individual game (for some of them, like KOTOR).

The non-hd one is pointless.

Ben Garney (GG Employee) said it was easy to make:

The port was easy. We took TSE, wrote a 360 backend for it, and poof, marble blast on 360. Hard part was updating the art, retuning the gameplay, integrating with the XBoxes features, etc. etc. etc. All in all it was a super-fast project, and TSE has performed with flying colors.

Oh yeah, it's a fun game, too. ;)

Isn't it disturbing that Garage Games doesn't have all the information concerning the architecture they are developing for??? (They don't know if the architecture will allow them to save their game to a memory card.)

I've been concerned about the 360 Launch for quite some time now. I mean, by this time Xbox launch we had TONS of information. We had videos and release titles, etc, etc.

I have a hard time believing that it's all gonna come together in the next month.

I predict that the launch will be pretty weak and not everything will be in place until PS3 launch.

friday-wildcats.jpg

Back