Dell... is this a good deal [laptop].

You didn't get any really nice software, you got a gig of ram, and xp media. It looks like you are paying a premium for the 'top' model and a tv tuner...

If those aren't necessary you can get out for 8 or 900 dell 600m or maybe something with a bit bigger screen. save the extra 1000.

I'm biased though, as I think a nice video card and media center AND 17 inch screen is just way too much for a laptop. But it is my opinion, and might not work for you.

Now if you are asking if that is a far going price for the parts you are ordering... sure, in the since that they are that price everywhere.

its an amazing fucking laptop and worth every penny. definatly imo the best PC laptop currently. the screen is sex. trust me, get it. (wait for the dell $$ off coupon idk if its goin on now or not)

Well, I will try to price something with a 15" screen and see how it compairs. I use my laptop all the time so I wouldn't mind the 17" screen. When I was in Iraq for 7 months I used it everyday to watch movies... so I was thinking the 17" screen might come in handy. :shrug:

Rumor has it Dell isn't going any higher than 25% for coupons, but that might just be a rumor. Up to you if you want to try and wait for those crazy 35-50% or $750 off coupons they used to have.

Back