PE teachers in elementary school

Tribalbob

Contributor
Veteran XV
remember in 3rd grade when you'd play dodgeball, and there'd always be the fun PE teacher who would play too, and the team that had him would always win?

and if you were on that team the game was so much fun, but if you weren't you still had fun even though you knew you were gonna lose?

I think i learned an important life lesson from that.

i thought this was gonna be about how all elementary school and middle school gym teachers were always overweight and ugly. Then there was always that young athletic one that everyone always wanted.

One time we had a substitute in 4th grade who was a military instructor or something. We played kickball indoors and there was some rule where if its hit back to the pitcher and he throws it into the basketball hoop then the runner is out.

I was pitching and some guy kicked it back to me and i turned around and chucked it at the basket and i made it !!

That was the last athletic thing i remember doing

link_ said:
i thought this was gonna be about how all elementary school and middle school gym teachers were always overweight and ugly. Then there was always that young athletic one that everyone always wanted.
My Junior year "in-training" gym teacher must have weighed a good 250.

She never ran the warm-up laps with us :lol:

I remember not having an elementary school gym teacher because my school was poor.

Way too open up old wonds tbob, GOSH.

i can barely remember playing dodgeball in 3rd grade

high school dodgeball rocked though ;-D

my favorite things were aiming for the losers who would just stand there doing nothing, and nailing kids noone liked who had gotten out and were sitting on the side not paying attention to the ball coming at there face at 70 mph ;-D

fun games:

Jailbreak dodge ball --

gym is split down the middle, with no man zone in the center, and jails in the back. If you're pegged, or someone catches your toss, then you're sent to the prison on the other side. Your team throws footballs to you to get out. If they make it through the basket it's a jailbreak and everyone is free.

Pacman --
There are a bunch of line in the gym, and some are manual added with tape. You have to stay on the lines as and about 6 people are ghosts. If they tag you, then you have to sit down and you block any travel. The idea was the survive the longest, but it was cool, because you could trap ghosts if you had some sacrifices.

Crab Soccer --
You crabwalk the entire field, and earth balls are sent into play. You can only use your feet to move them, and it basically involved punting the ship out of a giant inflatable ball and hoping it ended up reaching the enemy goal

Mat Ball --
The only real game we played in middle school, and the most fun. Mats were placed at the four gym corners as the bases. You'd be pitched a volley ball, and if the ball hit the back wall it'd count as X number of runs (depending on where you hit) plus everyone on base. You could stack as many people as you wanted on base, and if you stepped off you couldn't step back on. There was only base outs at first, everything else you'd have to be pelted while running. Fun as hell. Girls always lost the game for you.

Sir Lucius said:
fun games:

Jailbreak dodge ball --

gym is split down the middle, with no man zone in the center, and jails in the back. If you're pegged, or someone catches your toss, then you're sent to the prison on the other side. Your team throws footballs to you to get out. If they make it through the basket it's a jailbreak and everyone is free.

this is the only one that sounds fun.

My elementary school PE teacher was the man, he was like a fit, young, blonde dude and we was cool as fuck, must have been like 28-29. Usually the PE guy is some old fat asshole that makes fun of the kids who werent doing anything even though he was just sitting on a chair.

Does anyone Remeber getting out the parachute type thing, and everyone in class would go around the outsides and just kinda move it up and down.... That was great.

Oddiz said:
Does anyone Remeber getting out the parachute type thing, and everyone in class would go around the outsides and just kinda move it up and down.... That was great.

It was ok -- they rationed it well, b/c if we did that every day that would suck.

Know what DID such though? Square Dancing/Line Dancing. WHAT THE FUCK?!!? NO ONE ENJOYED THIS YOU ASSHOLES!

Sir Lucius said:
Crab Soccer --
You crabwalk the entire field, and earth balls are sent into play. You can only use your feet to move them, and it basically involved punting the ship out of a giant inflatable ball and hoping it ended up reaching the enemy goal

I remember playing that all the time in like 3rd and 4th grade PE.

Every year the yo-yo guy would come and do a light show in the gym. And everyone HAD to have a yo-yo afterwards. Then something else cool would happen the next week and everyone would forget about it.

no..but that happened freshman year in highschool

hed always play on the team with the 'losers' or whatever and theyd win. he was generally a cool teacher..and then when we were suppose to go into the classroom for the 'health' part we just watched price is right everyday. our exam rocked..had questions like 'who has won the world series 26 times' and then every answer was the yankees...he was a huge yankees and duke fan...i liked him a lot...

then he got fired and arrested for having sex with one of his students.

Back