[rant]sonic stage is a piece of junk

aur0ra

Veteran XV
Slowest and buggiest piece of software on my pc by far. I use it for my md player. Don't buy sony just b/c of this piece of crap software.[/rant]

Should've read reviews before you bought one, bud. I still use mine though.

minidisc.jpg

i love the player dude, HATE THE FUCKING SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I started trying to burn an md over an hour ago. Sonic Stage crashed the pc, it rebooted, I tried to burn again, it told me to uninstall and reinstall, so i uninstalled, downloaded, and reinstalled. Then on boot it decided it was going to rape my 6 hard drives (300+gigs) searching for music (nice runon). Its been 56 mins and i still dont have a disc burnt (Burning normally takes about 2 mins).

Last edited:
Well, it might be on your end then. SonicStage is very slow when compressing to ATRAC and the user interface could be better, but I have not experienced any serious glitches myself.

US: The unit itself records and plays. I don't know about the current prices and models.

Reason I got a Rio Carbon MP3 player was that I don't have to deal with any crappy software at all. It acts as a mass storage device and plays anything you put on it, as well as letting you take songs back to a PC.

Also, I know someone whose MD player has broken two or three times. He's definately not fond of Sony.

I'd like to get one strictly for recording quality audio. Nice, compact, great sound. I'm sure a good solid state recorder would be better though.

Bleh, you might as well get a dedicated recorder. Unless you want a music player that can record voice as well.

now its telling me it wont transfer anymore files, but I still have 43 mins of space on the disc. Its dark now, my workout has been cancelled for the second day in a row b/c of dealing with this thing. One more time and I'm running over it in my car, and I will post pics on tw of my $400 md player getting smashed.

aur0ra said:
now its telling me it wont transfer anymore files, but I still have 43 mins of space on the disc. Its dark now, my workout has been cancelled for the second day in a row b/c of dealing with this thing. One more time and I'm running over it in my car, and I will post pics on tw of my $400 md player getting smashed.

Or you could post picts of the $100 dollar check I sent you for the player. We all win :)

:rofl: What version of SonicStage is it?

And seriously, you paid 400$ for an MD player? Isn't that a bit outrageous since most of them are under 200$.

Mine records voice, and is burns at 64x. Has a bunch of other options too, I bought it b/c of a crazy stalking sociopath ex girlfriend. Its 3.2 sonic stage I think
I wonder if the nazis at sony figured they could prevent you from burning hot mp3 files or something, idk. Will figure it out later.

I was under the impression the newer models, possibly the HD ones, could read straight MP3 files. But in any case, if you really paid 400$, you got ripped off, man. :|

IDK but Its put me in the worst mood imaginable. I have to call my gf stat, I need a blow job.

Montreal.

I'll settle for a photo of herself holding a sign saying "bLiSS rocks" if she can't walk that far.

Back