They need to make a dual core dual processor mobo...

AkumA said:
I wonder how that would work.

There are quite a few motherboard that does it.

I got my dual opteron motherboard from AMD tech tour bundle. If I put in dual core opterons, it'll be like I have 4 opterons running.

Blitzkrieg said:
There are quite a few motherboard that does it.

I got my dual opteron motherboard from AMD tech tour bundle. If I put in dual core opterons, it'll be like I have 4 opterons running.

Do it up, i would love to see wtf happens.

Nothing happens. You have 4 processors. There are server motherboards available that use four physical Xeon processors.

In terms of gameplay performance, nothing is going to change dramatically. There are no games (that I know of) that take advantage of that kind of power.

Patton said:
Nothing happens. You have 4 processors. There are server motherboards available that use four physical Xeon processors.

In terms of gameplay performance, nothing is going to change dramatically. There are no games (that I know of) that take advantage of that kind of power.
We have one of those.

And this just in, Akuma is an idiot.

Yea. Those quad xeons are heffers though. We've got a stack of Supermicro quad motherboard boxes sitting in the corner taking up the space of a small SUV.

AkumA said:
For not knowing about computer parts? Ok if that makes me an idiot so be it.

lol

Right, which is why you had a "computer" business

once again

z2 Solutions: Your ONLY choice for completely inept computer service and support!

Nope. Dual core has HT.

Intel said:
Dual-core processing is here. With the debut of the new Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition featuring dual-core processing, the cutting edge of personal computing has been honed to a razor-sharp, dual-core edge.

Dual-core processor-based PCs for the desktop are the next generation in PC computing performance. Combined with the Intel® 955X Express Chipset, the Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition with new Intel dual-core processing supports Hyper-Threading (HT) Technology†, making it a perfect solution for your most demanding multitasking needs. Power computing users, multimedia entertainment enthusiasts and gamers who crave state-of-the-art performance for audio, video, digital design, and high-end gaming will find it with an Intel dual-core processor.

CompuDude said:
I'm pretty sure XP-64bit will run on 4 processors.

You're partially right. x64 willl run on two multicore processors. So you could make it work. I wonder if it'll have a problem with dual HT dual cores (8 virtual processors)

Back