The dinner thread

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
Tonight, we'll be having boneless, skinless chicken breast marinated and coated in a mixture of dried tomatoes and basil with just a touch of lemon added. Brown rice and what i like to call a 'vegetable medley'..which is actually just the leftover vegetables from the last 2 nights (brocoli, carrots, and creamed corn)

I'm considering wine, but i cant decide on white or red, im thinking white.

Whole-wheat spaghetti noodles smothered in Paul Newman's tomato sauce w/ a side of fresh broccoli, green beans and diced strawberries....

Oh and water.

i have a wine here that i dont know exactly what it is. Its in a blue bottle, but appears to be a white wine. my girl's dad is always sending her wines from small little mom and pop vineyards. This one appears to be german.

JuggerNaught said:
i have a wine here that i dont know exactly what it is. Its in a blue bottle, but appears to be a white wine. my girl's dad is always sending her wines from small little mom and pop vineyards. This one appears to be german.
I don't know if you know this (but incase you don't), European wines do not have on labels what they are. They'll have locations of where they're from, but not what it is.

For example: Champaign is just an area's name in france. It's a peice of dirt. They make sparkly wines in champaign, which are fermented twice and sell it as a "Champaign." But in reality, there is no such thing as a champaign wine. Same goes for Bordeaux, etc.

HeLLrAiSr said:
i've had red wine before...i just don't like it
there are a BILLION red wines out there.

so i'm going to say that you either probably had a bad one, or just havent gotten acustomed to one yet.

HeLLrAiSr said:
i had bojulet-vulous (i think its called) red wine.
different location, different grape, different year, cork vs plastic, metal storage vs wooden barrels

its allllll different.

sometimes i'll have to send back a wine at a restaurant or something if it tastes cooked (been near heat), smells like.. newspaper (cork is bad), etc.

Back