A little pet health help, my cat is ...

K-Rex

Veteran X
... has blood in his urine. He's even leaking a bit also. I just noticed this and he really does seem to be fine other wise. Active, crazy, weird, ya know, like a cat. Only thing I can think of is he may have a urinary tract infection. How did he get it, what do you do to treat it?

It's too late to go to the vet now so I'm going to keep an eye on him the rest of the night and take him tomorrow but I figured someone could give me an idea of whats going on.

10202939be.jpg

Long live CatFish.

I guess that's an outside cat? If it was an inside cat that uses a litter box, you would know if it had an UTI because it wouldn't use the litterbox.

Anyway, you should call a vet and ask them if there is anything you can do until you are able to take him in.

if he's an outdoor cat, he's probably got a UTI from fucking other dirty cats

tell him to wrap that shit and he should be all good

Check the phone book, there are emegrency vets out there. I had to take one of my guys in there after he decided to sleep in someones engine bay. I found about a dozen in my area.

Urinary track infection. Better get him meds or afer awhile he will think that the litter box is causing his pain and start pissing blood all over the house in a attempt to find some place that doesn't cause him pain when he pisses.

Oops, others already posted UTI. My bad. I just read the first and posted.

Anyway, indoor cats can be prone to getting infections too. Some cats have bad genetics and are very prone to it. Our last cat was very prone and got worse as he got older. Our other cat used the same litter box and never once got a infection that we know of.

Back