Would this work? (bluetooth headsets as earphones)

Gil

Veteran XV
Buy.com has bluetooth headsets (for phones) for $30 each through tomorrow. If I were to buy 2 of these, could I use them as wireless headphones for my computer? (I'd need 1 for each ear)

Pardon my idiocy, but can I get a slightly more in-depth explanation as to why this would be such a large hassle?

what exactly would transmit to these devices?

How would they be designated as left and right channels?

Have you ever been impressed with the quality of the sound of any phone headset??

Absolutly not, they only recieve a mono signal so you'd be hearing the same thing on both sides.

You could, however, just buy bluetooth headphones....

Max

You would have to buy two of the earphones and two of the bluetooth adapters for your computer. That's extremely stupid. Just get a wireless headset.

Chikaze said:
Pardon my idiocy, but can I get a slightly more in-depth explanation as to why this would be such a large hassle?

The fact that you even proposed the question is our explaination.

Respice said:
You would have to buy two of the earphones and two of the bluetooth adapters for your computer. That's extremely stupid. Just get a wireless headset.

OOOOR you buy a decent adapter with multiple channels... Hrmf.

As was said before, it's a pain in he ass anyways. I have a 6230 Nokia, and bought the motorola HS for my phone, and make it portable to my computer. Even so, i'd take my wired Logitech HS over it anyday. Between quality, configuration (switching all your sound drivers over to bluetooth device, and not your hardware--and the left and right channels), and drivers, it's easier to go wired. All I'd use it for is in a pinch, should I goto a hotel or on vacation, and want one less thing to carry.

Has any one ever seen a wirerless PC head set, I need one as i have destroyed like 3 wired ones but every time I search google all I get are blue tooth cell phone ear peices

Back