[NHL] Stevens retires

tough for them :(

knee injuries just went way down this year :p:

btw, Hasek returning to OTT, incase it wasnt a given

I think you are confusing Stevens for D. Hatcher. It is going to be a tough year for us Devils fans that is for sure. We still have Brodeur in net though!

Sanchez said:

hope he doesn't strain his crotch this time

oh, and take 6 months to nurse it

oh, and then ditch your team

[FX]Rovero said:
I think you are confusing Stevens for D. Hatcher. It is going to be a tough year for us Devils fans that is for sure. We still have Brodeur in net though!
??

Stevens retired... your captain?

lecatPuke said:
hope he doesn't strain his crotch this time

oh, and take 6 months to nurse it

oh, and then ditch your team

haha true enough!

hell i dont even know who is backing him up this year

brodeur is clearly the best but no goalie can lose niedermeyer and stevens and not feel the pain.

I dont care too storngly for the nhl columnists on espn but they are all saying that the devils should trade brodeur and rebuild. Maybe that is not so awful an idea, their current squad really has nowhere to go but down.

Bucci was an idiot in that column, I usually love him but that was over the line. The Devils have Paul Martin, he was improving like crazy when the last season ended. He won't replace Nieds but I see a good future for him.

Also since the blackhawks and canadians gayed up goalie salaries there is really no chance of extending marty for less than the league maximum which does not make sense for a team in rebuilding mode. I can see some idiot like keenan giving up luongo and bouwmeester for brodeur

Well looking at this roster...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/roster?team=njd

They really only have 2 young forwards worth locking up gionta and gomez.

Looking at the Dmen is really shocking. I mean guys like McGillis and White can function when they are behind guys like stevnes and niiedermeyer but are they the #1's now? That is kinda terrifying.

Yea, the Devils do need a bonafide #1 that is for sure. White makes to many bad plays when the game is on the line. Rafalski can help balance one of the stay home Dmen but Martin isn't gonna help with White/McGillis to much.

[FX]Rovero said:
I was responding to the knee injury comment. I just implied that Hatcher is the knee capper.
My bad, you're right, I know the pain all too well as a Wings fan.

Good, Scott Stevens was a fucking snap-show psycho.

Like the NHL is gonna miss him, just like when Chelios and Hatcher retire. No one is gonna care, except for the team that had them. Always better to have those no-talent snap shows on your team then playing against them.

Sanchez said:

More like concussions will drop by 85% :p
Hasek returning to Ottaw :lol: can't wait to see him fail

Ya but you can't hate stevens...He has leveled so many bitches flat on their asses.

Rosco-SS said:
He used to be good. Now like I said, he's a snap-show psycho.
When did he stop being good exactly? He captained a team to another Stanley Cup 2002-2003, was not around much for 2003-2004 (that I remember) and then ofcourse, the lockout. So ugh...I'm confused. Btw, he leveled Kariya in 2003 :D

Back