can ping websites, but cannot surf the web

Pr0d|gE

Veteran XV
using cmd.exe i can ping sites like yahoo, google, and good ole tdub. but i can't surf the web using IE (the only browswer i have atm, since i can't get on the web)

what can i do to fix this?

sorry for 2 threads on the same page but not gettin any help here

ftp off firefox from ftp.mozilla.org or figure out if somehow you got proxy server settings in your IE browser

Pr0d|gE said:
using cmd.exe i can ping sites like yahoo, google, and good ole tdub. but i can't surf the web using IE (the only browswer i have atm, since i can't get on the web)

what can i do to fix this?

sorry for 2 threads on the same page but not gettin any help here

see my thread above, i'm having the same problem...i think there's a problem with the internet

ps: 127.0.0.1 is yourself.

In fact, 127.0.0.0/8 (that's 127.0.0.0 through 127.255.255.255) is all yourself.

But, if you can ping sites, then IP is working fine, if you're using the names to do so, then DNS is working fine. The issue is at a higher layer.. likely culprits would be either something messed up in your proxy settings, or possibly that your ISP does transparent caching and has broken it (though unlikely if it's been going on any length of time - they'd want to have something like that sorted out pronto).

I'm just trying to work out how he actually posted the damn thing though..

Or how he's gonna read the responses, for that matter.

Back