I may be headed to the big easy after the storm for disaster relief

Good Luck.
I'm in Plantation and we didn't have power for 3 days.
Let me tell you, it sucked, even with a generator. The house temp was 87 degrees inside. The generator has enough power to run a fridge, and a small tv, but not the AC. Going thru a hurricane is hell.

hmm i'd like to take a week off work and go down to do some disaster cleanup and whatever other assistance i could offer, but i'm unsure where to even begin. if anyone knows of some national organizations i could get in touch with or a group in north carolina, post here or send me a pm, thanks.

NoGodForMe said:
Good Luck.
I'm in Plantation and we didn't have power for 3 days.
Let me tell you, it sucked, even with a generator. The house temp was 87 degrees inside. The generator has enough power to run a fridge, and a small tv, but not the AC. Going thru a hurricane is hell.

yeah man, no central air. only refrigerated food, cold drinks, and TV. Really roughin' it.

start with the red cross

even if it's not with them directly there is a 99% chance they will be able to tell you who to talk too

I ended up helping a Salvation Army distribution center after hurricane charlie

my sister was a first responder to punta gorda after charlie hit (shes a paramedic) and she said it was just leveled, cant imagine what its gonna be like after this one :(

Back