News: Battlefield 2 patch delayed

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
EA have updated the offical BF2 community site with word that the 1.03 patch has been delayed
<blockquote>
1.03 Update Progress
In this space about a month ago, EA and DICE listed many of the feature tweaks and updates that are pending for the 1.03 Update. In order to address the key issues as quickly as possible, we set an aggressive release date for the end of August. Unfortunately, as we approach the end of this month, it has become apparent that we will not meet this goal, and we wanted to keep you abreast of our progress. We are committed to making the 1.03 Update as comprehensive as possible, so while it is important to us to keep the release date, it is more important that we take the time to do this right. We will avoid committing to another date, but know that our goal is to get 1.03 out as quickly as possible. Keep fighting soldiers, the 1.03 Update is coming!
</blockquote>
Honestly, is anyone suprised? I don't mind them spending so more time on it, we don't want another rollback patch. Hopefully this will fix most of the outstanding issues.

Read the full update <a href="http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_081905">here</a>

How is Bf2 ? I heard they bought out a duff patch and had to roll i tback - is that all sorted now?

UdP

UdP said:
How is Bf2 ? I heard they bought out a duff patch and had to roll i tback - is that all sorted now?

UdP

What patch is everyone using now? Going to again soon... been too busy to play this summer.

So i decided to play some BF2 today, installed the game again and tried to patch it but the fucker does not work, getting error msg every time.

Im moving into another country with a laptop soon, so i guess i wont be playing the game anytime soon again.

edit: Just found out how to fix it myself, but why the hell they haven't fixed their own patch? Seems like a small bug to fix. Many companies would have released fixed patch already.

Last edited:
Back