Ubuntu Gurus

link_

Veteran X
Can someone give me a step by step walk through on how to install my wireless card drivers in linux via ndiswrapper?

I have looked on other forums and whatnot but it appears that most people just have the same questions I do, and not many answers.

My wireless card is:

Broadcom
WLAN 802.11g mini-PCI Module

This is the only issue I am having with Ubuntu. Everything else is very nice.

grrr

I love how linux can automatically configure everything else you would ever need for your computer, but they can't figure out how to get wireless cards to work :(

I would use linux only, if I could get wireless to work with ease and they started porting games to it....or even if I could get wine to work. I don't play many games anymore so just wireless would make linux golden.

It will configure them automatically if it's a supported card, but you're using ndiswrapper to work around the lack of drivers. Complain to Broadcom for not writing drivers.

Colosus said:
It will configure them automatically if it's a supported card, but you're using ndiswrapper to work around the lack of drivers. Complain to Broadcom for not writing drivers.

ohhh, i see..so I just got screwed because I picked a laptop that doesn't have a linux supported card. :/

I think I will complain to Broadcom with a VICIOUS email!!!

do yourself a favor and DON'T mess with NDIS. Just get a card that will work OOB. I went through it and said fuck it. There are some great HCL lists out there (I use SUSE 9.3 and the cheap ass Zytel worked like a charm.), just consult them or check out linuxquestions

El Smack said:
do yourself a favor and DON'T mess with NDIS. Just get a card that will work OOB. I went through it and said fuck it. There are some great HCL lists out there (I use SUSE 9.3 and the cheap ass Zytel worked like a charm.), just consult them or check out linuxquestions

hmm...that might be another option. How much is a cheap ass Zytel? How cheap are you talkin?

Back