iPod mini vs Creative Zen Micro

ayz

Veteran XX
I'm looking to spend about $175 on an mp3 player, max. These are pretty much the two options I have. 4GB is enough storage for me. Anyone who owns either one, thoughts on pros and cons of each?

the obvious one is the ipod battery issue, but i don't know if the zen micro has the same problem

i'm trying to make the same decision, and the only reason i am leanin towards ipod is the pimpin clickwheel

read up on zen micro issues

not sure how old the problems were, but there were some big ones

my sister has an ipod mini. runs great, just like a normal ipod... personally, i'd go with the mini. contrary to popular belief, you DON'T have to use the shitty itunes software to put/organize music on it.

yeah, i've seen some plug-ins for foobar and winamp that work with the ipod mini

my main concern was that the creative was just an overall better player, whereas the ipod mini is more popular simply because of trendwhore marketing

I bought my mother a Zen "touch."

It was broken out of the box. It would completely stop functioning if it was plugged in (I assume this isn't normal behavior, anyway).

So I returned it and got a Mini. She loves it, and she was even able to figure out all the advanced technical processes like getting music on it (mom is pretty dumb when it comes to computers). It feels very sturdy, and plays her Clay Aiken and Chicago songs great.

None of that applies to you, though.

Go with the Mini, or if you can save for a month or so, wait it out and get a regular-sized iPod.

It really depends on what you want in your player. If you want all the extras (radio, recorder etc.) the Zen comes with, I would go with it. I personally don't own one, but my friend has it and loves it. Only problem is if you work out with your player (which he does) the belt clip (ordered separately, extra cost) doesn't hold when you're running. I have the mini and have really no problems with it (heard alot about crappy battery life, but imo it is fine). The belt clip holds no matter what I do and I love the click wheel. Using itunes to transfer songs is insanely easy; all you do is drag and drop. Hope that helps.

edit: As far as I know the Zen has no battery problem. Rather it has an exceptional battery life and the fact that you can replace it yourself is a plus.

Last edited:
When they released the 6GB mini they upped the battery life of a full charge to 18 hours on 4GB and 6GB. If anything the battery has been improved.

The only thing I hate about the Ipods is the internal battery. Apple will rape you when you need to send it in for a replacement.

Mangan said:
Go with the Mini, or if you can save for a month or so, wait it out and get a regular-sized iPod.

you can get a purty color screen on it too :sunny:

just because the ipods are trendy, doesn't mean they blow. they became trendy for a reason: simple to use, lots of accessories, and lots of features. it's just like any tech market though, each company's tryin to grab a piece of the pie.

[QUOTE=']| ZeR0 |[/]you DON'T have to use the shitty itunes software to put/organize music on it.[/QUOTE]

ehh..

whats wrong with itunes ?

Back