[tw]programmers::: code security compliance?

BadMoFo

Contributor
Veteran XX
do any of you use any utilities to "test" your code for security exploits?

things like code assure etc.

if so, what tools do you use and what has been your experience?

II'm about to surprise the SHIT out of my programming department teehee)

yeah thanks for your input you fucking moron.

god I wish rayn put p-ignore back in so faggots like you would never post in my threads again

I'm sorry, but I just can't avoid talking about Airsoft. First and foremost, it seems that no one else is telling you that questionable statistics, pseudo-scientific studies, and biased reports make individuals indifferent to the survival of their families. So, since the burden lies with me to tell you that, I suppose I should say a few words on the subject. To begin with, there are two types of people in this world. There are those who attack the very fabric of this nation, and there are those who recall the ideals of compassion, nonviolence, community, and cooperation. Airsoft fits neatly into the former category, of course. It is similarly noteworthy that Airsoft's goal is to elevate its press releases to prominence as epistemological principles. How untoward is that? How brainless? How nit-picky?

Does anyone believe Airsoft's claim that things have never been better? Come on, anyone? Like I thought, many people respond to Airsoft's filthy flimflams in much the same way that they respond to television dramas. They watch them; they talk about them; but they feel no overwhelming compulsion to do anything about them. That's why I insist we insist on a policy of zero tolerance toward absenteeism. The foregoing greatly simplifies the real situation, but it does indicate in a rough, general way that if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. Airsoft provides none.

Airsoft is guilty of at least one criminal offense. In addition, it frequently exhibits less formal criminal behavior, such as deliberate and even gleeful cruelty, explosive behavior, and a burning desire to turn once-flourishing neighborhoods into zones of violence, decay, and moral disregard. Let us now join hands, hearts, and minds to pronounce the truth and renounce the lies. Airsoft's subordinates say, "It can override nature." Yes, I'm afraid they really do talk like that. It's the only way for them to conceal that Airsoft maliciously defames and damagingly misrepresents everyone and everything around it. There's a word for that: libel. As reluctant as I am to admit it, Airsoft thinks that anyone who disagrees with it is ultimately deceitful. However, most law-abiding citizens disapprove of its methods.

Need I point out that all of Airsoft's words are paralogistic? Unsettling as that is, the more infuriating fact is that we should agree on definitions before saying anything further about Airsoft's backwards ideologies. For starters, let's say that "larrikinism" is "that which makes Airsoft yearn to mortgage away our future." But don't despair. Rather, take comfort in the knowledge that Airsoft's intimations are not witty satire, as it would have you believe. They're simply the arrogant ramblings of something that has no idea or appreciation of what it's mocking.

Many people are incredulous when I tell them that Airsoft intends to blend together recidivism and conformism in a train wreck of monumental proportions. "How could Airsoft be so bloody-minded?", they ask me. "It doesn't seem possible." Well, it is unmistakably possible, and now I'll explain exactly how Airsoft plans to do it. But first, you need to realize that it contends that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance. Sounds rather disloyal, doesn't it? Well, that's Airsoft for you. To bring the matter closer to home, let me remind you that the tone of Airsoft's tricks is eerily reminiscent of that of recalcitrant nymphomaniacs of the late 1940s, in the sense that trying to appropriate sacred symbols for uppity purposes is just as perverted as trying to compromise the things that define us, including integrity, justice, love, and sharing. Now, I could go off on that point alone, but when it hears anyone say that its recourse to classism as a tactical modality for waging low-intensity warfare has been successful, its answer is to promote, foster, and institute exhibitionism. That's similar to taking a few drunken swings at a beehive: it just makes me want even more to make its smarmy fairy tales understood, resisted, and made the object of deserved contempt by young and old alike.

There's a lot of talk nowadays about Airsoft's cantankerous modes of thought, but not much action. I unequivocally suspect that my maneuvers regarding ugly, revolting knuckleheads, while far from complete, will set the record straight. This means, in particular, that to Airsoft's mind, it is omnipotent. So that means that might makes right, right? No, not right. The truth is that Airsoft does not merely sweep its peccadillos under the rug. It does so consciously, deliberately, willfully, and methodically.

To deny that Airsoft's ruses run contrary to even the most cursory observation of the real world is libidinous nonsense and political irresponsibility. It is nonsense because this is a very real and serious concern. And it is irresponsible because I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people. I can therefore assure you that Airsoft is thoroughly gung-ho about narcissism because it lacks more pressing soapbox issues.

Airsoft would have us believe that it knows 100% of everything 100% of the time. Yeah, right. The real question here is not, "In view of Airsoft's surly bons mots, what does it make sense for us to do now?". The real question is rather, "Why can't we simply agree to disagree?" To turn that question around, why doesn't Airsoft reveal the truth about itself? You see, if Airsoft succeeds in its attempt to consign our traditional values to the rubbish heap of fogyism, it'll have to be over my dead body.

It's easy for Airsoft to declaim my proposals. But when is it going to provide an alternative proposal of its own? Here's the answer, albeit in a somewhat circuitous and roundabout style: If we don't soon tell it to stop what it's doing, it will proceed with its uneducated newsgroup postings, considerably emboldened by our lack of resistance. We will have tacitly given it our permission to do so. Airsoft's claim that the sky is falling is factually unsupported and politically motivated. As we all know, this is partly connected with what I wrote earlier concerning sanctimonious bums. Here are a few points to ponder:

1. Airsoft's opuscula are hooliganism at its worst.
2. Debate with Airsoft or a search for common ground is both a fruitless exercise and a suicidal strategy.
3. Many lives have been lost to antipluralism.

Those points may at first seem unrelated, but when you connect the dots, it becomes clear that Airsoft decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that it fears, because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility.

Let's be frank: Every time Airsoft utters or writes a statement that supports interventionism -- even indirectly -- it sends a message that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by Airsoft itself). I indisputably feel we mustn't let it make such statements, partly because there are some unforgiving nudniks out there who care nothing for you or your cherished practices, but primarily because "tolerance" means tolerance of all, not only of a select few. That's something you won't find in your local newspaper, because it's the news that just doesn't fit. As everyone who has access to reliable information knows, Airsoft pompously claims that it's okay to replace law and order with anarchy and despotism. That sort of nonsense impresses many people, unfortunately. If the human race is to survive on this planet, we will have to step back and consider the problem of Airsoft's bromides in the larger picture of popular culture imagery. Airsoft is firmly convinced that it is better that a hundred thousand people should perish than that it should be even slightly inconvenienced. Its belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that when I was a child, my clergyman told me, "Airsoft feels obligated to erect a screen of flatulent verbiage to hide the real world from its victims." If you think about it, you'll see his point. That's it for this letter. I sincerely hope that typing it was not a complete waste of energy. Unfortunately, I do realize that my words will probably trigger no useful response in the flabby synapses of Airsoft's brain. I just felt obligated to go through the motions because every morning Airsoft asks itself, "How can we fool the masses today?"

Unless you share my view that Airsoft feels obligated to erect a screen of flatulent verbiage to hide the real world from its victims, there's no need for you to hear me further. I unquestionably feel that Airsoft makes free and liberal use of chicanery, deceit, intolerance, lust, persecution, and oppression. My views, of course, are not the issue here. The issue is that its claim that sexism brings one closer to nirvana is factually unsupported and politically motivated. Isn't it interesting which questions Airsoft dodges and what tangents it goes off on? Those dodges and tangents make me think that I once overheard Airsoft say something quite astonishing. Are you strapped in? Airsoft said that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. Can you believe that? At least its statement made me realize that it is always trying to change the way we work. This annoys me, because Airsoft's previous changes have always been for the worse. I'm positive that its new changes will be even more disorderly, because I should note that we have a dilemma of leviathan proportions on our hands: Should we disabuse Airsoft of the notion that it is as innocent as a newborn lamb, or is it sufficient to begin a course of careful, planned, and coordinated action? Any honest person who takes the time to think about that question will be forced to conclude that those of us who are too lazy or disinterested to subject its precepts to the rigorous scrutiny they warrant have no right to complain when it and its hirelings destroy the heart and fabric of our nation.

After watching Airsoft's stooges harm others, or even instill the fear of harm, one might conclude that Airsoft et al. would lay out their own ideas of philosophical pedagogy, textual interpretation, and moral philosophy. Surprisingly, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I'm not sure whether to classify Airsoft's platitudes under "paranoia" or "ignorance". There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that Airsoft keeps saying that going through the motions of working is the same as working. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, my purpose here is not to focus on concrete facts, on hard news, on analyzing and interpreting what's happening in the world. Well, okay, it is. But I should point out that it is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people. Sadly, it has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people it desires to lead. While Airsoft has a right to its opinion, I am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because it acts as if it were King of the World. This hauteur is astonishing, staggering, and mind-boggling. Why am I furious? Because Airsoft either is or elects to be ignorant of scientific principles and methods. It even intentionally misuses scientific terminology to turn our country into an unruly cesspool overrun with scum, disease, and crime. And why am I embarrassed? Because those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still insist that we must educate, inform, and nurture our children instead of keeping them ignorant, afraid, and in danger, have an obligation to do more than just observe what Airsoft is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to take advantage of a rare opportunity to expose some of Airsoft's smarmy deeds. We have an obligation to enable patriots to use their freedoms to save their freedoms. And we have an obligation to address the continued social injustice shown by shiftless fault-finders. The reason Airsoft wants to blitz media outlets with faxes and newsletters that highlight the good points of its unsavory remarks is that it's thoroughly obscene. If you believe you have another explanation for its irritating behavior, then please write and tell me about it.

This is not wild speculation. This is not a conspiracy theory. This is documented fact. I have taken the liberty of letting Airsoft know that it really struck a nerve with me when it said that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all totally justified. That lie is a painful reminder that if you want to hide something from Airsoft, you just have to put it in a book.

Even giving Airsoft the benefit of the doubt, it's really not bloody-mindedness that compels me to tell it like it is. It's my sense of responsibility to you, the reader. If you observe some repetition in my statements, it is because such repetition is needed for clarity and emphasis as I convince juvenile polemics to stop supporting Airsoft and tolerating its initiatives. I claim that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to detect the subtext of this letter. But just in case it's too subliminal for some, let me thrust it into your face right here: Airsoft can get away with lies (e.g., that the most socially inept hucksters you'll ever see are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes), because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Airsoft is lying. I, not being one of the many self-centered antagonists of this world, am completely shocked and angered by Airsoft's dangerous improprieties. Such shameful conduct should never be repeated. In many ways, Airsoft's ideological colors may have changed over the years. Nevertheless, its core principle has remained the same: to cause an increase in disease, fanaticism, crime, and vice. If you don't believe me, then note that Airsoft never tires of trying to extinguish fires with gasoline. It presumably hopes that the magic formula will work some day. In the meantime, it seems to have resolved to learn nothing from experience, which tells us that when one examines the ramifications of letting it shout direct personal insults and invitations to exchange fisticuffs, one finds a preponderance of evidence leading to the conclusion that it is morally unjustifiable for it to condone universal oppression. Now, that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter. So let me corroborate it by saying that I contend that it needs to be taken into account that everything Airsoft writes is littered with spelling errors, grammatical mistakes, missing punctuation, irregular capitalization, false statements, and incoherent thoughts and sentences. I could write pages on the subject, but the following should suffice. If history follows its course, it should be evident that Airsoft's intent is to prevent us from asking questions. It doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false.

Airsoft twists every argument into some sort of "struggle" between two parties. Airsoft unvaryingly constitutes the underdog party, which is what it claims gives it the right to make us the helpless puppets of our demographic labels. If Airsoft thinks that it is always being misrepresented and/or persecuted, then it's sadly mistaken. Airsoft's plaints are like an enormous pessimism-spewing machine. We must begin dismantling that structure. We must put a monkey wrench in its gears. And we must condemn Airsoft's hypocrisy, because if Airsoft has spurred us to cast a gimlet eye on its screeds, then Airsoft may have accomplished a useful thing. Airsoft's publicity stunts are designed to substitute breast-beating and schwarmerei for action and honest debate. And they're working; they're having the desired effect.

It is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did Airsoft's reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Does Airsoft contend that everything is happy and fine and good because it fits its political agenda or because it's too ignorant of the facts to know that complacent faddism has come to occupy a villainous place in the national dialogue?" Before you answer, let me point out that it should be responsible for its own actions. If you find that fact distressing then you should help me uplift individuals and communities on a global scale to get it off our backs. Either that, or you can crawl into a corner and lament that you got yourself born in the wrong universe. Don't expect your sobbing to do much good, however, because Airsoft should stop lying about how its taradiddles are not worth getting outraged about. Why do I tell you this? Because these days, no one else has the guts to.

Will irascible, antihumanist bums ever provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, free from opportunism, larrikinism, and all other forms of prejudice and intolerance? Don't bet on it. As reluctant as I am to admit it, my goal is to stop this insanity. I might not be successful at achieving that goal, but I certainly do have to try. The bulk of obtrusive prima donnas are at least marginally tolerable, but not Airsoft. Notice the self-deceiving tendency of Airsoft's sermons.

Accordingly, no one has a higher opinion of Airsoft than I, and I think it's a dictatorial beast. A few days ago, Airsoft actually admitted that it wants to make us all miserable. Can you believe that? Perhaps Airsoft forgot to take its antipsychotics that day. An additional clue is that it occasionally writes letters accusing me and my friends of being stinking troublemakers. These letters are typically couched in gutter language (which is doubtless the language in which it habitually thinks) and serve no purpose other than to convince me that its protests are uniformly riddled by an unbelievable degree of ignorance. I don't think anyone questions that. But did you know that it is a sad state of affairs when vicious, power-hungry paper-pushers like it replace discourse and open dialogue with sordid expositions and blatant ugliness?

Are you still with me? Airsoft is the lineal descendant of the geeks who nailed Jesus to the cross. You might assert I'm telling you this because I like to beat up on Airsoft. Really, that isn't my principal reason. I don't especially need to beat up on it, because it is already despised by decent and knowledgeable people almost everywhere.

But it gets much worse than that. Would we, as thinking people, believe self-promoters who tried to tell us we're all addlepated? I say "no." Several things Airsoft has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of its that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how its principles are Right with a capital R. In a recent essay, Airsoft stated that children should get into cars with strangers who wave lots of yummy candy at them. Since the arguments it made in the rest of its essay are based in part on that assumption, it should be aware that it just isn't true. Not only that, but every time it tries, Airsoft gets increasingly successful in its attempts to slander those who are most systematically undervalued, underpaid, underemployed, underfinanced, underinsured, underrated, and otherwise underserved and undermined as undeserving and underclass. This dangerous trend means not only death for free thought, but for imagination as well. Sorry for babbling so much, but letting Airsoft encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization is a recipe for disaster.

I don't know how to tell you this, but Airsoft can be so flippant, it would take your breath away. Note that some of the facts I plan to use in this letter were provided to me by a highly educated person who managed to escape Airsoft's pesky, hectoring indoctrination and is consequently believable. Airsoft takes things out of context, twists them around, and then neglects to provide decent referencing so the reader can check up on it. It also ignores all of the evidence that doesn't support (or in many cases directly contradicts) its position. Airsoft's imprecations are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause.

Airsoft thinks that it can make me develop a subconscious death wish if it can blitz media outlets with faxes and newsletters that highlight the good points of its lethargic, acrimonious taradiddles. An equal but opposite observation is that if anything, it is easy to see faults in others. But it takes perseverance to put an end to frightful communism. Airsoft claims that antiheroism brings one closer to nirvana. I respond that I indisputably intend to exercise my franchise to feed the starving, house the homeless, cure the sick, and still find wonder and awe in the sunrise and the moonlight. Airsoft is totally rude. We all are, to some extent, but it sets the curve.

Although it requires risk, commitment, and follow-through to clean up the country and get it back on course again, Airsoft says that it can achieve its goals by friendly and moral conduct. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life. The primary point of disagreement between myself and Airsoft is whether or not it parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, its ideas will change instantly, like a weathercock.

More concretely, Airsoft seizes every opportunity to throw us into a "heads I win, tails you lose" situation. I cannot believe this colossal clownishness. Any sane person knows that I respect the English language and believe in the use of words as a means of communication. Drugged-out, fatuous prima donnas like Airsoft, however, consider spoken communication as merely a set of noises uttered to excite emotions in gloomy cheapskates in order to convince them to demonstrate an outright hostility to law enforcement. Whatever else may be the case, it is certain that if Airsoft bites me, I will honestly bite back.

I'm sure you get my point here. Now that I've been exposed to Airsoft's cajoleries, I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps there is a simple answer to the question of what to do about Airsoft's positions. The difficult part is in implementing the answer. The answer is that we must solve the problems that are important to most people. Airsoft yields to the mammalian desire to assert individuality by attracting attention. Unfortunately, for Airsoft, "attract attention" usually implies "blame our societal problems on handy scapegoats".

Airsoft extricates itself from difficulty by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice. I like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: We must remove our chains and move towards the light. (In case you didn't understand that analogy, the chains symbolize Airsoft's fickle generalizations, and the light represents the goal of getting all of us to make it answer for its wrongdoings.) It's really not bloody-mindedness that compels me to deal summarily with unsophisticated astrologers. It's my sense of responsibility to you, the reader.

Under these conditions, I aver that I need to spend some time considering how best to make some changes here. My views, of course, are not the issue here. The issue is that given a choice of having it generate alienation and withdrawal or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. Airsoft is not only vitriolic, but it also lacks the self-control necessary to conform its behavior to reasonable norms. I don't know whether or not you've ever been physically present at a public demonstration by Airsoft's vassals, but let me tell you, they're pretty yellow-bellied. I can't help it if Airsoft can't take a joke. (Read as: Airsoft talks out of both sides of its mouth.) I don't mean to imply that Airsoft is guilty of a shocking display of dishonesty and sophistry, but it's true, nonetheless.

I pause to note that I want to give people more information about Airsoft, help them digest and assimilate and understand that information, and help them draw responsible conclusions from it. Here's one conclusion I definitely hope people draw: I'm sticking out my neck a bit in talking about Airsoft's circulars. It's quite likely it will try to retaliate against me for my telling you that it maliciously defames and damagingly misrepresents everyone and everything around it. There's a word for that: libel. Even so, if I recall correctly, Airsoft wants to inure us to stinking insurrectionism. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom, then you should be working with me to take the initiative to face our problems realistically, get to the root of our problems, and be determined to solve them. Personally, I don't expect Airsoft to give up its crusade to engulf the world in a dense miasma of alarmism. But we'll see.

Whatever your age, you now have only one choice. That choice is between a democratic, peace-loving regime that, you hope, may test the assumptions that underlie Airsoft's beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) and, as the alternative, the sententious and snooty-to-the-core dirigisme currently being forced upon us by Airsoft. Choose carefully, because Airsoft wants to extirpate the things I cherish. Why it wants that, I don't know, but that's what it wants. Airsoft says that onanism is a noble goal. I've seen more plausible things scrawled on the bathroom walls in elementary schools. There isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who thinks that Airsoft has its moral compass in tact, so let's toss out that ridiculous argument of Airsoft's from the get-go. If Airsoft is victorious in its quest to rewrite history to reflect or magnify an imaginary "victimhood", then its crown will be the funeral wreath of humanity. We must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that Airsoft will inculcate uncouth editorials. And to overcome these fears, we must criticize Airsoft's teachings publically for their formalistic categories, their spurious claims of neutrality, and their blindness to the abuse of private power.

While featherbrained poseurs have previously relied on violence to get their way, their new manipulation of deceitful, empty-headed conjectures has combined with violence to rescue nihilism from the rubbish heap of history, dust it off, slap on a coat of cheap sophistry, and market it as new and improved. One of the things I find quite interesting is listening to other people's takes on things. For instance, I recently overheard some folks remark that many people respond to Airsoft's putrid outbursts in the same way that they respond to television dramas. They watch them; they talk about them; but they feel no overwhelming compulsion to do anything about them. That's why I insist we begin the debate about Airsoft's histrionics. When Airsoft tells us that it never engages in primitive, crapulous, or odious politics, it somehow fails to mention that it wants to become an intellectual without the hardship of study and serious thought. It fails to mention that it unfairly lambastes people who are trying to do the best they can in a bad situation. And it fails to mention that its artifices manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: respond to this letter with hyperbolic and uncorroborated accusations and assaults on free speech. Phase two: equip what I call coldhearted lowbrows with flame throwers, hand grenades, and heat-seeking missiles. Now that this letter has come to an end, I hope you walk away from it realizing that Airsoft is hampered by a load of contradictory and absurd assumptions of the school that it follows.

Doesn't anyone get the point? It doesn't matter for squat that Airsoft should practice what it preaches. What's far more relevant is that Airsoft should stop playing verbal games and tell us what it really means. The first thing I want to bring up is that Airsoft holds onto power like the eunuch mandarins of the Forbidden City -- sterile obstacles to progress who let malignant freaks of nature run rampant through the streets. Although Airsoft has never read carefully anything I've written, I once managed to get it to agree that its helots seem to be caught up in their need for enemies. Unfortunately, a few minutes later, it did a volte-face and denied that it had ever said that. Everywhere it's gone, Airsoft has tried to turn back the clock and repeal all the civil rights and anti-discrimination legislation now on the books. It can happen here, too.

Airsoft's hijinks are part and parcel of a larger game plan to monopolize the press. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame Airsoft. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, do not wish to evaluate blackguardism here, though I believe that I should note that Airsoft's fans believe that people are pawns to be used and manipulated. Although it is perhaps impossible to change the perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish nevertheless to maintain social tranquillity.

I could accuse Airsoft of using the worst classes of rotten, unprofessional pettifoggers there are to get its way, but I wouldn't stoop to that level. To make a long story short, Airsoft can get away with lies (e.g., that wild blusterers (also known as Airsoft's lapdogs) are easily housebroken), because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Airsoft is lying. This is not to say that there is an open consensus that the most conceited manifestation of ungrateful sentiment among loud, sordid adolescents has been the way they lead people towards iniquity and sin. It is merely to point out that I want to make technical preparations for the achievement of freedom and human independence. I want to do this not because I need to tack another line onto my résumé, but because the pen is a powerful tool. Why don't we use that tool to prevent the production of a new crop of eccentric prevaricators?

We must complain about the most dictatorial cheapskates you'll ever see. By "we", I mean all the hundreds of thousands who fundamentally long for the same thing, without, as individuals, finding the words to describe outwardly what they inwardly visualize. Airsoft twists every argument into some sort of "struggle" between two parties. Airsoft unvaryingly constitutes the underdog party, which is what it claims gives it the right to replace our timeless traditions with its judgmental ones. A central point of Airsoft's belief systems is the notion that Airsoft is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. Perhaps it should take some new data into account and revisit that notion. I think it'd find that there may be absolutely nothing we can do to prevent it from making good on its word to encourage and exacerbate passivity in some people who might otherwise be active and responsible citizens. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by its acolytes, we experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". Our only recourse is to take off the kid gloves and vent some real anger at Airsoft.

Is that such a difficult concept? If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. Airsoft may be reasonably cunning with words. However, it is entirely immoral with everything else.

I, hardheaded cynic that I am, suspect that we should derail Airsoft's froward little schemes, and I have formalized my commitment to this high ideal by ensuring that I always make this world a kinder, gentler place. I don't want to build castles in the air. I don't want to plan things that I can't yet implement. But I do want to spread awareness of the abusive nature of Airsoft's zingers, because doing so clearly demonstrates how it speaks like a true defender of the status quo -- a status quo, we should not forget, that enables it to assail all that is holy. Because respect for the law is not enhanced by setting the bad example of breaking the law, it therefore stands to reason that it has a talent for inventing fantasy worlds in which it should sentence more and more people to poverty, prison, and early death because "it's the right thing to do". Then again, just because Airsoft is a prolific fantasist doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't share its beliefs is a tactless infidel deserving of death and damnation. By the way, Airsoft's outbursts symbolize lawlessness, violence, and misguided rebellion -- extreme liberty for a few, even if the rest of us lose more than a little freedom.

Okay, then, let's move onto the really good part of this letter, the part in which I get to tell you that Airsoft's most progressive idea is to retain an institution which, twist and turn as you like, is and remains a disgrace to humanity. If that sounds progressive to you, you must be facing the wrong way. It seems to me that, as others have stated long before me, "it would be a semantic quibble to deny that there is an implicit assumption here that for some strange reason, Airsoft is worried it'll be disenfranchised and shunned by deceitful schizophrenics." "Incontrovertibleness" is sometimes narrowly defined by snippy know-nothings. Don't make the mistake of thinking otherwise. Airsoft does, and that's why it has commented that it is a model organization. I would love to refute that, but there seems to be no need, seeing as its comment is lacking in common sense.

As we don our battle fatigues, let's at least be clear about what we're fighting for: Our war is not about reducing the deficit, not about ending welfare for the rich, and not about the largesse or responsibility of private philanthropy. All we want is for Airsoft's thralls not to base racial definitions on lineage, phrenological characteristics, skin hue, and religion. Airsoft is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens resolve our disputes without violence. Responsible citizens honestly do not discredit and intimidate the opposition.

I have seen and heard enough. Now, it is time to strike at the heart of Airsoft's efforts to offer hatred with an intellectual gloss. It would be bad enough if Airsoft's chums were merely trying to make people suspicious of those who speak the truth. But their attempts to yield this country to the forces of darkness, oppression, and tyranny are just plain tyrannical. I know that I'm emotional now, but if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that Airsoft is an interesting organization. On the one hand, it likes to devise unbridled scams to get money for nothing. But on the other hand, it wants to sucker us into buying a lot of junk we don't need. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom, then you should be working with me to beat it at its own game.

There's only one proper consideration here: the harm that'll be caused if Airsoft is allowed to devalue me as a person. All else is abstract, stubborn, intellectual hooey. There's a lot of talk nowadays about Airsoft's chthonic prophecies, but not much action. Finally, this has been a good deal of reading, and indeed difficult reading at that. Still, I hope you walk away from it with the new knowledge that Airsoft is unable to remove its mental shackles.

I suppose, I shouldn't really be surprised when intellectual icons such as "durak" and "nido" are posting

way 2 be.

oh look right on que its monkey_b, quite possibly the biggest fucking faggot on this entire message board

sweet

I've never really done any testing. I just try to keep up on those sorts of things. However for the most part I write internal applications so it isn't a huge concern. When I do web stuff I'm generally up to date with the latest news etc.

sry I couldn't help, figured I'd give a serious reply though

Check the security of what exactly? What computer language(s) are involved, operating system(s), what is the nature of the software and who is it for? Does it have built in networking, client-server etc.?

There's no panacea if that's what you're asking. The same security issues tend to be found over and over, and those occur in memory management, and bounds checking, and anyplace where user input is involved.

There are tools that check for a lot of programmer errors, and then there are regression testing tools that let you build test scripts and run these on a bunch of machines.

Mofo, for someone who dishes out the nonsensical bullshit, you sure can't take it.

Spoiler

goldy4ay.jpg

Im talking about an app that executes the code and looks for known security exploits

probably signature based

Last edited:
Ah ha. Nido fucking rocked me w/ that post.
Although bomba tee'd it up with the first response.

Back