ESPN2 Friday Night Fights

Excal

Veteran XX
I don't watch alot of boxing, I check out some when nothing else is on from time to time, I just stopped to check out a bout between Emanuel Augustus and Oliveras something or another. Have any of you guys watched this Augustus guy? the dude is nuts, I have never seen any fighter use this style before I mean he just hit him with a double punch and is dancing around like a drunk monkey kinda amusing

I used to watch boxing a fair amount, not enough to know the stats on every fighter or anything, but enough to know what was going on. Anyway, since I started watching mma I just can't sit through 12 rounds of boxing...it just lost it's intensity for me :/

Excal!

I'm a big boxing enthusiast and I have seen Emanuel Augustus fight many times. Once against Floyd Mayweather and also Mickey Ward who went a three fight battle that was quite a good show.

Augustus has a very awkward style and gave Floyd Mayweather a few fits when they fought but eventually, mayweather stopped Augustus in the 9th round. Emanuel is an under achiever. He's got a unique style, is quick and has some power but he has never taken his career seriously as he should have, now he's a fighter with quite a few losses, a couple of good fights under his belt and is journeyman to the game.

I always watch him fight but I missed tonights as I worked late and it went right over my head.

I also hear Emanuel is cousin to Kimbo. :) He also lives in the New Orleans area which is where I'm at currently.

Last edited:
Emmanuel Augustus is always a blast to watch but he is a chronic under achiever. He's lost his share of close fights and he is definately more skilled than his record shows. He obviously fights because he likes it but takes it a little less serious than some of the top 140 pounders. He'd give a decent amount of people fits in that weight class if he came to fight.

He showed a lot of class going to the body after Sucra Ray Oliviera got so fucked up in the head. Steve Smoger stopped the fight at the right time.

Augustus is Kimbo's cousin I think.

Back