Alleged First Screenshot from the next GTA

What gave you that impression, Zxern?

As for fuel, if it's true, I doubt that it's really much of a problem. Vehicles hardly last long in any GTA game anyway, and there's shitloads of other cars to use. One reason that the cars are so (ridiculously) fragile in the current GTA games is because they want to encourage people to try out all the game's vehicles rather than just keeping one for ages. Perhaps if they do this gas thing instead to achieve the same goal, they'll consider making the damage on the vehicles more realistic.

Last edited:
It'd be a nice idea, arcadus. They've pretty much saturated the current time period and also the past in my opinion. They can't really go much further backwards without ending up in the days of having about 3 car models per country, whilst if they stick in the current time it'll just be more of the same old shit. I want to see the future again, God damnit.

Thriky said:

As for fuel, if it's true, I doubt that it's really much of a problem. Vehicles hardly last long in any GTA game anyway, and there's shitloads of other cars to use. One reason that the cars are so (ridiculously) fragile in the current GTA games is because they want to encourage people to try out all the game's vehicles rather than just keeping one for ages. Perhaps if they do this gas thing instead to achieve the same goal, they'll consider making the damage on the vehicles more realistic.

uh
the damage is fairly realistic for cars atm
:lol:
you want to crash full speed into walls and have it do nothing?

vivrant said:
uh
the damage is fairly realistic for cars atm
:lol:
you want to crash full speed into walls and have it do nothing?

I'm talking about the physical damage, you moot. If you tap the side of your car against a post or another car in real life, the entire side doesn't mash in like it's made of tin foil. Sure, the cars in GTA can sustain a decent amount of damage before blowing into a ball of flames, but aesthetically they become junk far sooner. Technology is obviously also at play here in that they can't have a hundred seperate hit areas for each car, but I can't help but feel that they overdo it a bit just to encourage you to dump your car more often.

Thriky said:

From an interview with Dan Houser in Power unlimited magazine back in 2004.
"We are not working on a next GTA. Finishing GTA-SA and then take a well earned holliday is 'our' prime objective. For now SA is like the last thing ever to be published."

That just means they're not making one NOW (or THEN, rather), not that they won't ever do one. They'd have to be functionally retarded not to make a new GTA.

I'm not sure where they could go theme-wise for another GTA. The last one was kind of weak in terms of following the South Central LA theme. You spend about 2/3rds of it outside of LA.

6 times the size of SA? jesus where do they get the idea that the bigger the city = more fun. SA was too fucking big as it is, driving for 5 min to get to another area isnt fun. How about focusing on some different missions instead of the same ol shit like the last 3 games were full of.

gas in the cars would also be retarded. eating...and all the other stuff they added to SA was a waste of time too. realism doesnt always mean fun. I dont want to play a game where i have to eat and shop and stop for gas i can do all that bullshit in real life.

Back