the taste of chicago

Terra

Contributor
Veteran XX
who's going? who went? how was it this year? :)

cant wait to see CCR thursday with skynyrd.

The only reason I'd go is for the excellent music acts at the really awesome new stage.

KittyCat said:
Fuck Milwaukee no one wants to go to cheese/hick land that lives in civilization.

Yeah I'd rather go to the place with the most fucked up traffic on earth that fucks it up even more by making you stop and pay a $.50 toll every 5 miles.

Brilliant!

You couldn't pay me enough to live in that shit hole.

Just ran the Race to the Taste yesterday. I will also be heading downtown for CCR and Skynyrd. I heard that it's "Creedence Clearwater Revisited" though and have yet to Google wtf that is.

EDIT: I go to college at Marquette and can honesly say Summerfest, while pretty sweet, is not by any means superior to The Taste.

The Prowler said:
Just ran the Race to the Taste yesterday. I will also be heading downtown for CCR and Skynyrd. I heard that it's "Creedence Clearwater Revisited" though and have yet to Google wtf that is.

It's not the whole band. Just the leader singer of CCR and maybe one or two others.

The Prowler said:

EDIT: I go to college at Marquette and can honesly say Summerfest, while pretty sweet, is not by any means superior to The Taste.
are you serious? i'm very disappointed at the fact how many people my age (20-21) have not heard of ccr. :(

anyways, i'm going thursday to see ccr and lynyrd with few friends, and then again on saturday with bunch more people to have more fun and see santana.

and then sunday is ribfest with localh :)

It was a good time. I spent a few hours there last Saturday with the gf just trying different foods, checking out the bands and peoplewatching crackhead street performers and drunks getting arrested. The boar sausage was pretty good, but stay away from the Puerto Rican pork-filled banana dumpling (Alcapurria?). It looks like elephant shit, and if I ever have the misfortune to eat elephant shit, it would probably taste about the same.

I usually wait till the 3rd or 4th and take the train(fuck taste of chicago traffic) so I can get completely shitfaced, and watch the fireworks and everyone getting arrested for being drunks. Then take the train back to friends house on the southside in Bridgeport. Been doing it every year since HS. So it's kind of like a tradition now.

Yeah, nice shooting last night at the Taste. No one died at the Sox/Cubs games on the southside this weekend (amazingly)

*StarFish* said:
It's not the whole band. Just the leader singer of CCR and maybe one or two others.

The exact opposite. John Fogerty, who wrote and sang the songs (and produced the albums), is not part of Creedence Clearwater REVISITED. Basically, it is a cover band.

Back