General Motors is a dinosaur

GM and Ford too. I saw something about Toyota proposing to mark up their prices 2-3% so that those two could compete with itself.

I imagine there are a few Japanese companies that could do it.

As an added bonus- if it was Japanese owned, maybe the auto plants could be brought back to the states instead of farmed out to Mexico.

Isn't it the other way around? If GM was a dinosaur it would turn into oil, rather than be using oil.

They have some really nice designs coming down the chute and their quality is much improved over the last half decade or so (they are up there with BMW now in defects per 100, just under toyota) just everyone is used to thinking the imports are better so doesn't give them a second chance.

Reptile said:
GM and Ford too. I saw something about Toyota proposing to mark up their prices 2-3% so that those two could compete with itself.
I feel that ford, unlike GM might actually be able to survive. I just don't think GM gets it. Ford, I think has the managment and forsight to compete, but I think GM is just stuck in the past. Just my overall 'feeling' though. I could be competely wrong.
Fling :D

Reptile said:
It's the idea that the US companies would sell more relative to Toyota w/ the price increase, but iirc the reason is more to dissuade our govt from imposing regulations favoring the US automakers which I guess Toyota thinks could cost them more in the long run. ithink.

Toyota charges 30k for a tacoma, i think they price thier shit high enough already for the low quality vehicles you are getting

Rayn said:
I wouldn't take GM stock if you gave it to me for free right now.

I would.

And yes, boys and ghouls, this 19 billion-dollar company is going to be bought by China. In fact, every US Company with market capitalization over one billion USD will be purchased by the Chinese.

yeah, GM is grasping at straws.
They have no innovation and no quality.

I'd like to see Honda buy them.

Fling said:
anyone else think they are going to go bankrupt or be bought fairly soon?
Fling :D

No.

Of course, filing for bankruptcy protection is all the rage these days ya' know!

Debt rating reduced to junk status? No problemo! :lol:

VF143Falcon said:
Toyota charges 30k for a tacoma, i think they price thier shit high enough already for the low quality vehicles you are getting

Low quality? Toyota/Lexus make the most reliable cars. Talk about huge american bias. They actually have to jack there prices up to avoid US goverment regulations. :ftard:

PS check the interior in an american car then the comparable toyota/honda model and then look me in the face and tell me that toyota/honda is low quality. :lol:

KittyCat said:
PS check the interior in an american car then the comparable toyota/honda model and then look me in the face and tell me that toyota/honda is low quality. :lol:
I can actually agree with you for once.

Back