Do you feel that Tribes players are better than others?

Austforbeer

Veteran XX
Seems to me that my time playing Tribes has given me an advantage over other FPS players due to timing MA's, having the Z axis to consider as well as shot distance. I do well on most FPS's and I honestly believe I owe all of it to Tribes.

Not in general. But I think that good Tribes players are better than others. Tribes required a lot more discipline than, say, Quake.

Kurayami said:
Not in general. But I think that good Tribes players are better than others. Tribes required a lot more discipline than, say, Quake.
i've never really compared quake/ut to tribes cause they seem to different. Quake/UT are more fastpaced compared to tribes. Things get really frantic in quake/ut. Tribes is a bit calmer and then heats up real quick.

Whenever i play quake or ut i'm always on my game. constantly looking around me, always being paranoid as hell. In tribes, when i'm at my base, i usually not high strung.

If anything i think tribes makes you a smarter FPS player, not necessary better at the twitch aspect of FPS games but more of knowing the map, knowing your weapons advantages and limits and stuff like that.

Probably. My friend is a CS faggot and he never looks up, or switches weapons. He's decent at CS but not much better than me considering how much he plays it. I think one of the biggest things is that Tribes teaches you to constantly be changing weapons and using whatever is best for the job at the moment. He bought T:V (bloops) and would NEVER switch weapons in the middle of a fight. Also he just stared at the ground while people flew all around above him.

I had just read this thread. I offered the advice of hiding by the enemy flag so we could spawn there. I guess it wasn't a very funny joke. Because I was so serious.

Austforbeer said:
Seems to me that my time playing Tribes has given me an advantage over other FPS players due to timing MA's, having the Z axis to consider as well as shot distance. I do well on most FPS's and I honestly believe I owe all of it to Tribes.
not in the general area of gaming, but a DEFINATE YES to the area of fabrication i.e. LYING

:rofl:

Absolutely.

I've recognized players from T1 in the few other online games I played and most all of them either

a) held their own
b) kicked serious ass

Makes me proud :*)

Stig said:
Absolutely.

I've recognized players from T1 in the few other online games I played and most all of them either

a) held their own
b) kicked serious ass

Makes me proud :*)

you obviously havent met the .tw crew

shot059.jpg

Back