Damn, what do you do with all your papers?

Miracle

Veteran X
My apartment has papers all over it.

Stuff from school. Course syllabi, readings, papers, etc. Bills bills bills. Cable. Electric. Credit card. Medical. Insurance statements of benefits. Maps I print out to get places. Job forms. Tax forms. Reciepts I'm saving. Things I scribble to myself but don't want to throw out because they're useful.

I go over to other peoples' places. Very nice and uncluttered. It's like they must have a secret compartment that they store all their business in.

I have identified two solutions.

1) Buy a laptop so I am more likely to type some things up (like notes to myself), and print fewer things out (like driving directions and maps).

2) Get a very fast scanner that can effeciently convert things to PDF. My current scanner is too slow.

What do you do with all your papers?

mostly throw them away

I keep financial records and important stuff on top of my book shelf

almost everything else goes out with the trash

Things I need to keep get filed. Notes to myself are posted on my cork board. Anything I don't need to keep but has important info on it (address, SS#, etc) gets shredded or burned (depending on the season). Syllabi from courses in my major are kept with my notes in a large binder. Other syllabi and notes from electives and other junk pieces of paper without important info on them are recycled.

My desk will get a pile of papers on it, but after a week of things falling off I'll go file them.

DVADER said:
never heard of a file cabinet?

Cabinet? Heck, I have file crates and have enough papers to probably fill ten or fifteen. (Though right now only one is half-full).

Some stuff I don't even know why I hang on to. Like my past cable bills. I know how much they were. I'm never gonna get the money back. I still like to keep them "just in case." (Maybe paper copies of the $44.95 I pay each month to Comcast will decide my life at some future date?)

Wait, wait - your apartment is filled with the bodies of poor, defenseless murdered trees who've been mangled and pulped and covered with ink?

You sick bastard.

Back