How much do you charge for graphics work?

TedBundy

Veteran X
Okay so I recieved a job posting from my IST teacher and I responded to it. Here's the email i got back from the company, Keynetx:

Brendan,

Thank you for submitting your resume and portfolio. We are looking for someone interested in creating graphics/images for our web development and other printed materials. Work will be on a part-time basis and project based. If this is something you are interested in, please forward your hourly rate and what your weekly availability is.

This is their website: www.keynetx.com
I wouldn't consider them the best out there, but they seem more than a little professional than what I normally see in North East PA. Okay, so my question is.... How much do I charge hourly? I seriously have no clue? $10/hr? $20/hr? $40/hr?

I know there are some graphic designers on this board...so gimme some input.

well for models and animation i charge 20/hr weekdays and 30-40/hr on weekends/holidays/rushjobs

If you are doing 3D work, $100/hr. 2D about $60. If they are giving you benefits then I'd say about $30 bucks an hour.

sc4r4b said:
If you are doing 3D work, $100/hr. 2D about $60. If they are giving you benefits then I'd say about $30 bucks an hour.
This is only part time, so I doubt there's any benefits.

TedBundy said:
Okay so I recieved a job posting from my IST teacher and I responded to it. Here's the email i got back from the company, Keynetx:

Brendan,

Thank you for submitting your resume and portfolio. We are looking for someone interested in creating graphics/images for our web development and other printed materials. Work will be on a part-time basis and project based. If this is something you are interested in, please forward your hourly rate and what your weekly availability is.

This is their website: www.keynetx.com
I wouldn't consider them the best out there, but they seem more than a little professional than what I normally see in North East PA. Okay, so my question is.... How much do I charge hourly? I seriously have no clue? $10/hr? $20/hr? $40/hr?

I know there are some graphic designers on this board...so gimme some input.
You would have to consider experience, your quality of work, and your own timliness. If you know you do quality work, don't waste a lot of time, and are professional with the way you handle yourself in a business environment I would say charge a fair amount.

One MILLION DOLLARS!
dr_evil.jpg

ps work: $70/hr

60 if you want to take advantage of the fact that you're young and aren't doing this for a living(im assuming) that way it'll be harder for a real pro to go lower and steal the job...if that's a possibility

Spydur said:
You would have to consider experience, your quality of work, and your own timliness. If you know you do quality work, don't waste a lot of time, and are professional with the way you handle yourself in a business environment I would say charge a fair amount.
What he's asking is HOW MUCH IS A FAIR AMOUNT?! :twak:

I'd say between $30 and $60; try and check some local ads from other people (if there are any) in the yellow pages (.com) or craig's list or something.

Go and look up the average salary for graphic artists in your area, then divide it by 40 hr/s per week.

Back