[movie]primer

Gangrel

Contributor
Veteran XV
someone fuckin explain this to me

Spoiler

No idea. I just put the movie to the point where I liked it because I was too confused to understand it. That and the fact I never felt any attachment to some of the characters to know who the hell they were talking about at times.

i thought it was a good movie, im sure i would like it more if i fuckin understood it though

I think you're thinking too much into things.

Just remember what the original motive for the dad was and what he said at the really beginning about the blonde guy.

The box isn't really a box but it's more of a metaphor. If it never existed you shouldn't be questioning whether or not they abandoned it.

Baby Bew said:
I think you're thinking too much into things.
i dont remember the dad saying anything about the blonde guy in the beginning

and they determined that the box isnt one use, and it just doesnt disappear if they prevent the others from making it. hence why it was there in the beginning even though they never actually invented it.

Gangrel said:
i dont remember the dad saying anything about the blonde guy in the beginning

and they determined that the box isnt one use, and it just doesnt disappear if they prevent the others from making it. hence why it was there in the beginning even though they never actually invented it.
They didn't have to invent the box. It was there through their consciences so in a way they gave life to the box through themselves.

I hope that helps

I read a buch of interviews from the writer/director/actor of the movie. From what I understood, they kept going back that they eventually fucked up. In order to try and fix/reset everything, Abe made a second box and went back all the way to the beginning and incapacitated his prime self so he could live out the next few days correctly. What he didnt realize is that Aaron had found the fail safe box because when he checked the storage manifests he saw that Abe had two storage containers in his name. Aaron found the fail safe and started going back himself. So when Abe goes all the way back to the beginning, Aaron has already been recording conversations and giving it to himself so that he could correct everything. The second Aaron is the one who narrates. What happens from there is that the second Aaron explains what happened, he has been trying to change what happens at the party.

From there I'm not clear but this is my understanding. Now that prime Aaron has been knocked out, he tries to come back and either prevent getting knocked out or fix everything because Aaronx failed(intentions were not made clear). But he's too weak. Second Aaron decides to let Aaron 3 continue with "fixing" everything anyway and leaves. What's great is that there could be 3 or 100 Aarons running around by the end of the movie. Second Aaron narrates that he likes to think it only took one more try to get the party right but there is no way for him to know.

At the end, Abe who has gone all the way back chooses to stay hidden and sabotage any attempts to go back now that everything is "fixed" so that cycle of duplicates stops. Second Aaron is the one at the end building something "big".

Last edited:
i got lost too
i just remember something about using the box causing doubles, which eventually leads to murder as the double kills the originial to prevent a paradox or something.

Back