jet ski/waverunner

Wheat-Thin

Veteran X
ok, i looked but couldnt find the answer. what the hell is the difference between the 2 ? i was always under the impression that the wave runner was the one that goes up and down/stand up and the jet ski is the stationary/sit down one. but others seem to think its the other way around. i tried google images.. but it showed both watercrafts so that didnt help.

so tw person watercraft owners. help me out here.

I always thought Jet Ski was general name for a small fast motorcycle-type boat and Wave Runner was a brand name.

i always thought jet ski was the generic term for a stand-up, single rider vehicle while waverunner was the generic term for a sit-down one which could hold more than one person.

Jetski is a trademark used for personal watercraft.

Wave Runner is a trademark used for personal watercraft.

Well the Yamaha website has the WaveRunner name as a registered trademark and the Kawasaki website has the Jet Ski as a registered trademark.

Apparantly the real term is "personal watercraft"

pretty sure jet-ski's are of the kind where you either kneel or stand up
waverunners you sit on, sort of like a quad for water

altho its probably already been pointed out, the term for all of them is 'personal watercraft'

jet ski is a brand name by Kawasaki for the stand-up style

waverunner is yamahas name for their PWCs, which are all the sit-down style

imho, the smaller the better when it comes to PWCs, the big fatty ones are sluggish and less maneuverable. I love the jet-ski's and the older yamahas with flat hulls (ala wavejammer)

Back