bf tires to microwave gf's head

A man who tortured his girlfriend and tried to microwave her head during a vicious 18-hour attack has been jailed for life.

Mark Ravenscroft, 34, of Upper Chorlton Road, Manchester, beat her with a table leg and a metal belt buckle, the city's Minshull Street Crown Court heard.

The assault, in 2004, left 19-year-old Melanie Stewart with cuts and bruises on "every part of her body".

Tina Landale, prosecuting, said Ravenscourt had been drinking.

'Vomited blood'

She told the court that, after punching Ms Stewart in the face and hitting her over the head with a vacuum cleaner, Ravenscroft dragged her into the kitchen and pushed her head into a microwave.

"Although he couldn't shut the door he tried to start it by pushing the safety catch with a pencil," Ms Landale added.

After being beaten and whipped by Ravenscroft for nearly 18 hours, Ms Stewart began to vomit blood. Ravenscroft refused to allow her to leave their flat.

Twenty-four hours later, Ms Stewart started to bleed from her ear at which point Ravenscroft released her.

The police were informed of the attack while she was being treated in hospital.

Sentencing Ravenscroft to life for wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, Judge Adrian Lyon described him as "vicious" and said he would serve a minimum of four years and three months.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4425989.stm

ow 18 hour beat down! :|

wait...
So he was sentenced to life.. and the minimum is 4 YEARS 3 MONTHS? I love this country's justice system...

bf
tire2.jpg
to microwave gfs head???

Life just mean a certain number of years. Up in canada I believe life is 25 years. You can get out earlier for good behaviour, etc...

orbital 123 said:
Life just mean a certain number of years. Up in canada I believe life is 25 years. You can get out earlier for good behaviour, etc...
I know that. I just find that for what he did, 4 years is kind of low compared to what other people get for similar types of things.

Smay said:
wait...
So he was sentenced to life.. and the minimum is 4 YEARS 3 MONTHS? I love this country's justice system...

Erm, unless you are European, this is not your country that this happened in.

Sp3xx said:
Erm, unless you are European, this is not your country that this happened in.
That's what I get for not even looking at the link text let alone clicking it ;) In any case, I still think its wrong.

Back