lets talk shuttle cases...

Beef Welington

Veteran XV
okay, tribalwar. I want to transform my current PC into a shuttle PC, for size reasons (duh).

So I'm going to need a new small form factor mobo, and a tiny case, right?

I currently have an athlon64 3000+, one 120gb IDE HD, a dvd/cd writer, and 3 sticks of corsair ram, totalling to a gig.

My current mobo sucks, as does my case, which prompted this new endeavor. Last time I tried to do this, I got discouraged by prices and confusion, but I am now re-entering the process with new resolve.

Anybody who has experience with shuttle cases, help me out. If you have an athlon64 shuttle case, even better.

-------------
Oh by the way, I have the ASUS 6800GT equivalent, the V9999GT. I don't think it's too bulky though, since it doesn't block any PCI ports, and that's what I heard was the deciding factor.

====
cliffs
====
1. Want to replace current case and mobo with shuttle equivalent.
2. I don't think the current parts will be a problem in the new case.
3. Athlon64 compatibility, plz.
4. Suggestions?

Beef Welington said:
okay, tribalwar. I want to transform my current PC into a shuttle PC, for size reasons (duh).

So I'm going to need a new small form factor mobo, and a tiny case, right?

I currently have an athlon64 3000+, one 120gb IDE HD, a dvd/cd writer, and 3 sticks of corsair ram, totalling to a gig.

My current mobo sucks, as does my case, which prompted this new endeavor. Last time I tried to do this, I got discouraged by prices and confusion, but I am now re-entering the process with new resolve.

Anybody who has experience with shuttle cases, help me out. If you have an athlon64 shuttle case, even better.

-------------
Oh by the way, I have the ASUS 6800GT equivalent, the V9999GT. I don't think it's too bulky though, since it doesn't block any PCI ports, and that's what I heard was the deciding factor.

====
cliffs
====
1. Want to replace current case and mobo with shuttle equivalent.
2. I don't think the current parts will be a problem in the new case.
3. Athlon64 compatibility, plz.
4. Suggestions?

OVERHEAT danger will robinson

Bridude said:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=56-101-457&depa=0

Thats my newest one. Shuttles fucking rock.

you have the 939 or the 754 chip?

I also have the 6800GT and it fits just fine.
754. 939's were expensive as fuck when I bought mine.

and Data, yes, I think we've all been to the shuttle site. But how about I get personal experience, good websites to buy from, etc (you know, the kind of stuff you can't find out by looking at what is basically an advertisement).

I just ordered this:

Hush ATX Media
Configuration Code : BA482D560RR

• Black Enclosure
• AOpen AX4SPE MAX II, Intel® 865PE Chipset
• 4 x USB Connections on Front Panel
• 2.8GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
• 2 GB RAM (2x1GB) PC3200 DDR400
• TEAC DV-224E DVD/CDRW Combo Drive Slimline
• Nova-S Digital Sat TV+ATI Radeon® 9600 128MB
• 300GB Maxtor HDD 3.5", 5400RPM,
• Standard Software Bundle
• ATI Remote Wonder Remote Control
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional English
• Fully built and soak tested for 24 hours
• Despatched approx 5-15 working days from order

17.3’ x 15’ x 3.8’ (thats small) I would have gone smaller but I want remote control and the ITX doesnt have that while the ATX does.

Also, I have another question, that ELB's link brought up:

I know AGP is on the outs, and PCI-E is on the ins. Would it be a better idea to wait until PCI-E shuttle cases get sorted out? I don't wanna shell out $300 for something that can't be upgraded past my 6800GT. Time is not an issue on this project, I can be patient if necessary (also, that's just more time to save :))

I found a shuttle to be to large...ITX and ATX minis are smaller but I am wary of the fact that I cant get them in the US.

14" x 13" x 2.5"

is one of the smallest

the one I bought is an ATX which has remote capabilities:

17" x 14" x 3.8"

visual.jpg

I got a badass black one about a year and a half ago. I've not had an overheat issue one time. Shuttle is not too big, it is the size of a shoebox and fits neatly in my backpack I carry it around in.

Back