how long before people stop blaming 9/11

Gangrel

Contributor
Veteran XV
im getting tired of this shit

i did a survey today for a professor which asked if 9/11 made me afraid to walk alone at night

DemonKyoto said:
Couldnt even give 2 shits about 9/11 anymore personally :shrug: its been long enough
That's a pretty stupid attitude.

There's a difference between moving on and forgetting the signifgance of an event.

It put in my mind that terrorism is here now (US)...that it WILL happen again unfortunately.

But has it stopped me from going to baseball games/restuarants/hockey games/orgies/sausage fests at Mofos/strip clubs? (actually the last 3 are sort of all the same) Nope.

Kurayami said:

There's a difference between moving on and forgetting the signifgance of an event.
the thing is, the media and the government have sensationalized the significance. it didnt effect crime, a post 911 world is exactly the same as a pre 911 world, except there are less brown people.

I remember it, but honestly it didn't change much about my life personally aside from my brother and some people I know being shipped to Iraq for a time. None of them were lost thankfully and most of them are back now. I am going on pretty much the same way I did before, I will probably always remember what I was doing that day (was at the doctor as I had sprained my foot pretty bad the night before at a football game), but I live in WA and didn't really know anyone that lost family or the like in the incident.

Kurayami said:
I know. But to say "I don't care" is stupid. It was a major event in recent history.
true that. im just tired of all the people who try to blame everything on it, or use it as a scare tactic to act like every crime or situation that has arisen in the US is somehow connected.

it really pisses me off cuz i deal with these people who are supposed to be professionals and they buy into the hype just like anyone else.

Kurayami said:

Did i say i forgot the significance of 9/11 fagmunch? Reading comprehension is your friend. Yes it happened, yes it was a terrible event that wont, and shouldnt be forgotten, but as Gangrel said, im tired of everyone using it as some kinda scare tactic. Whether 9/11 happened or not, there would still be a bunch of sandniggers ready and willing to blow us and each other up.

kura did you like my latest ps

ed: and should i watch
talvisota
the downfall
K-19
or a pride fight (like ufc but bloodier ;) )

Piece of fucking trash said:

I said i couldnt care about 9/11 anymore, as in it happened, its over, MOVING THE FUCK ON. I didnt mention anything about forgetting its fucking significance.

Gangrel said:
kura did you like my latest ps

ed: and should i watch
talvisota
the downfall
K-19
If "the downfall" is Der Untergang, then definitely watch that (unless you're in a good mood. Yes, he's Hitler, but the whole damned thing is very depressing since it's based closely on what is known about those final days.)

Then Talvisota. Clear time for it, though. I think it runs for more than three hours.

Then K-19. Don't watch this with a chick.

Come to think of it, don't watch any of them with a chick.
Der Untergang will turn her into a basketcase
Talvisota will bother her because of dismembered corpses
K-19 will bother her because it's slow and involves lots of radioactive vomit

I hate to say it but living in Indiana, 9/11 never affected me at all in terms of life and death. It was horrible to watch and I felt bad for the people who lost their lives and I will never forget it. But terrorists simply won't waste the time effort to attack "bumfuck egypt" Although thinking about it, they probably should. Attacking Des Moines, Iowa for example would tell all the other cities of America that hey you can get attacked as well.

I am more concerned what another attack will do to other Americans (in NY, LA, DC etc) and the economic impacts thereof.

Back