serverseed?

amRam

Contributor
Veteran XX
Who runs this joint?

Good SQL database support on it or what? I just moved a forum onto a new host and its sporadically getting dropped connections and shit.... fucking fuckity fuck.

Thinking of switching servers already but dont wanna be doing it more than once.

Whats a good forum host?

Serverseed is swell, I don't think it has ever gone down on me and I have had it for the past 6 months or so.

TySoft said:
Tons of databases/dynamic sites, you shouldn't have any trouble.

tw discounts?

how quickly could you set me up with an account and shell access? can i even get shell?

amRam said:
tw discounts?

how quickly could you set me up with an account and shell access? can i even get shell?
"TW20" ;)

Ty hosts my site. It's little more than an image repository these days, but it's worth every penny.

amRam said:
tw discounts?

Data posted the coupon (tw20). You can get shell access upon request. Drop open a helpdesk ticket and I'll enable it for you. The account should be ready to go ~15 minutes after paid.

TySoft, I'll ask you here since you are never on IRC when I am.
bLiSS said:
As much as I want to benefit TySoft and get hosted with Server Seed, I really don't think his packages match Dreamhost's current offers.

Let's talk about bandwidth and disk space offered since that matters the most to me.

We'll use Dreamhost's basic 9.95$ a month plan and get 120 GB of bandwidth each month, and 2.4 GB of disk space. That's 119.40$ a year and it gets even cheaper if you get 2 years at 7.95$ a month or 95,40$ a year.

Something comparable at Server Seed is the Heavy plan, 45 GB of bandwidth each month, and 1.25 GB of disk space. That's 125.92$ a year with the "tw20" coupon.

Granted TySoft has the friendlier service, and I could even contact him in IRC for "live" tech support, but his bandwidth just doesn't satisfy my needs.

Unless he's willing to offer me something special, I'm more than willing to pay his 125,92$ a year if he can match the bandwidth and disk space.
So, basically I will be paying you somewhere around 120$ a year for comparable bandwidth and disk space. If not, I will renew my account with Dreamhost :|

edit: And will you look at that, my host is dead right now :rofl:

Serverseed may not be the cheapest solution, but I certainly approve of it. Help is always there, he always contacts you within 24 hours after issuing a ticket.

IMO he gets an A all around. Great service for the money.

bLiSS said:
TySoft, I'll ask you here since you are never on IRC when I am.So, basically I will be paying you somewhere around 120$ a year for comparable bandwidth and disk space. If not, I will renew my account with Dreamhost :|

edit: And will you look at that, my host is dead right now :rofl:

Dreamhost-style offerings are not compatible with Server Seed's business plan at this time. That much overselling with Server Seed's setup would be detrimental to quality of service.

TySoft said:
Dreamhost-style offerings are not compatible with Server Seed's business plan at this time. That much overselling with Server Seed's setup would be detrimental to quality of service.
That's understandable, so what if I buy your Heavy plan for 125.92$ a year, but you allow me to go over the 45 GB of bandwidth say.. 3 months a year if I warn you ahead?

I'm thinking about 100 GB in average, spread around 30 days.

I've been with serverseed since it's initial inception.

serverseed > *

fine, TySoft may not have the lowest prices on the whole wide world of the interweb(he's close though), but he damn sure has the best support and is extremely patient and helpful and gets whatever it is that needs to be done, done!

increase my space on recent domain++ Ty :D

That's the main reason I'd rather let TySoft have my money than that company I know nothing about.

Back