ALIEN APOCALYPSE - Sci Fi Channel Original Movie

JodoFett

Contributor
Veteran XX
I am so going to watch this on Saturday.

logo.jpg
montage1.jpg

I liked Bruce in hotep, but the move was just so bad, and not in a good way, bad as in "Im almost to the point where im going to walk out" bad.

Much as I love Bruce Campbell, the movie looks dumber than shit - all thanks to that bargain basment cgi.

... why is it that scifi spends money on these kinds of movies, btw? None of them are any good, and I cant imagine the ad revenues pay for them.

Excel said:
Much as I love Bruce Campbell, the movie looks dumber than shit - all thanks to that bargain basment cgi.

... why is it that scifi spends money on these kinds of movies, btw? None of them are any good, and I cant imagine the ad revenues pay for them.
Yes 95% of them are quite unbarable...
But aren't 95% of full budget scifi movies bad allready?

/me shruggs

You know what Sci-Fi should end up doing is funding some Japanese Sci-Fi movies w/their actors, and they could probably get a shit load of quality back. I mean, if a Sci-Fi movie cost 8 million dollars by some miracle (not likely), that was the cost of one of the best Godzilla movies ever, and it was top notch. I honestly dont see why movie companies dont do that anyways.

Last edited:
despite how bad they are, some people still watch them, if not to see how bad they are

and movies with Bruce Campbell, no matter how awful their potential, will be watched b/c he is nearly a god and is awesome to watch

Agree about the Sci-Fi moves being bottom rung, B movies at best. Seems like if they made fewer of them and invested the money in just a couple of movies with better story ideas, scripts, effects, etc., they be much farther ahead. As it is now, they crank out several extremely bad movies, show them a few times, and then they disappear forever.

As for Bubba Hotep, I don't know what you were expecting. It was meant to be an offbeat, dark comedy-horror flick. Sure, is wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it was still amusing for what it was worth. And Bruce did a great job, as did Ossie (Hey, I'm operating on sand here) Davis.

I'll probably Tivo this "Alien Apocalypse" just to check it out. But, I'd rather somebody brought back Brisco County Jr.

Back