Wal-Mart + Meijer security = the suk

xi'Vexus

Veteran XX
So work told me they would reimburse me for a monthly subscription to World of Warcraft finally... about fucking time.

So I ran out to Wallyworld to buy myself a copy this evening, and found 3 copies nicely lined up on the shelf. Grab box #1 ... curiously light ... and unsealed. Examine contents to reveal no CD's, and no CD-Key.

Chuckle. Grab box #2 ... curiously light ... same thing.
Grab box #3 ... no suprise... same thing.

I politely pointed it out to the less-then-caring staffer standing there and went on my way 200 feet across the street to Meijer.

I was pleased to find FOUR copies on the shelf waiting for me.

Grab box #1 ... empty. Curiously look at other games, perhaps they have a "nothing in display boxes" policy like a video rental store. Nope, all the other games are in their little boxy homes.

box #2 ... empty ...
box #3 ... no CDs, no CD-Key
box #4 ... no CDs, no CD-Key

Now... I'm all for getting something for nothing when the opportunity presents itself. But somebody is really going out of their fucking way to load up on World of Warcraft accounts. I mean seriously... SEVEN ACCOUNTS. And they didn't even have the decency to move the boxes somewhere else in the store, like women's underwear or something, where honest paying patrons wouldn't have to stand there and look like the criminal while sifting through already opened boxes.

I politely alerted the electronics people at Meijer and went and stole some candy from the "do not sample" bins. Lame ass security. At least I know nobody is going to come looking for the sour apple gummy worms I ate. seriously people, wtf.

And they didn't even have the decency to move the boxes somewhere else in the store, like women's underwear or something,

Yea I tell ya. Shoplifters these days. No fucking respect.

I'm not crying about it... I've stolen video games from stores before also... I just think it's funny that somebody went and took ALL the video games. It was more of a humorous observation then a whine.

And work pays for them because I run servers and a bunch of websites that cover game related content for all mmorpgs.

SniperWhôre said:
Was this in Lewis Center? I have never seena Wally and Meijer across the street from each other anywhere else.

I have been to a dozen or two locations in this country in which wal-mart and meijer are across from each other. Actually, it's that way more often than not.

JodoFett said:
I've seen atleast 3 locations where there is a starbucks across the street from another starbucks.

in the Delta terminal in Atlanta Airport (near gate 13 iirc) there are two starbucks across the HALL from each other. There is only 2 departure gates near them too.

enDless_Delirium said:
in the Delta terminal in Atlanta Airport (near gate 13 iirc) there are two starbucks across the HALL from each other. There is only 2 departure gates near them too.

I have seen an shell station on every corner at an intersection.. all had different gas prices too...

xi'Vexus said:
I'm not crying about it... I've stolen video games from stores before also... I just think it's funny that somebody went and took ALL the video games. It was more of a humorous observation then a whine.

And work pays for them because I run servers and a bunch of websites that cover game related content for all mmorpgs.

shut the fuck up. you have no right to complain about anyone doing anything illegal or immoral, ever. jesus christ, warezing is one thing, but actually stealing from a store is just fucked up.

apollod said:
I have seen an shell station on every corner at an intersection.. all had different gas prices too...

thats funny.

there's an intersection near me with 4 gas stations.. 3 of them have really good prices, the other is like 10 cents more expensive. Everyone was so surprised when it went out of business and now there are two citgos

Back