Anyone whos taken Economics classes have to deal with this?

Reggs

Veteran XX
I took macro 1st and got thru it pretty easy becuase of the other bus related classes iv taken to that point, already knew the vocabulary, knew how to "think like an economist," ect...

That was last semester, this semester im taking micro economics and m one of 3 ppl in the class who's taken micro...wtf? and from the start of the semester to this past wednesday EVERYTHING we went over was stuff I did in macro just months before. I didnt have to study for my exam, I could fall asleep in class, I never read. He also assined the same homework problems I did in macro. I want to know if it's like this everywhere or if im getting jiped and will be confused in a later economics class becuase of all this wasted time.

umm it usually goes your intro econ 101 type class is a mostly micro with some macro thrown in somewhere. Then, you usually get at least one course of micro in before you get to macro. Micro is has much more substantial and accepted theory, whereas macro is sort of a 'wack science' that is still constantly changing.

i had a similar situation with architectural and mechanical drawings, i did mechanical first semester and it was really hard, then i took architectural which is supposed to follow mechanical and it was the easiest most repetitive shit ever, it was a complete waste of time.

Yeah.

intro to Macro and Intro to micro share the first month or two of information (they're entry level, at a lot of colleges you have the choice to take either one first)

You'll see that split up quite a bit after getting the terminology down. Personally I liked my Macro classes much more than micro

Ishbu said:
umm it usually goes your intro econ 101 type class is a mostly micro with some macro thrown in somewhere. Then, you usually get at least one course of micro in before you get to macro. Micro is has much more substantial and accepted theory, whereas macro is sort of a 'wack science' that is still constantly changing.

If it's like this in most places it will suck because I will have taken Macro and Micro before I ever take an intro. fucked up

usually you should do micro first then macro. my school does macro first then micro. i'm doing an econ minor, so i had to take those classes.

after the core, which is your first 3-4 micro and macro courses, usually some econometrics and a few depth courses of your choosing

micro can be very boring, easy and straightforward. There isn't anything really hard about it assuming you have a brain.

Back in the day, micro was always taken before macro for that reason. Micro was the groundwork, then macro was where you actually learned the higher level stuff.

Last edited:
the micro and macro classes at my school are hard as fuck and almost no one gets an A despite tons of studying and working and freaking out (I did, but I'm an econ major).

but now my accounting class is kicking my ass =(
edit: the average midterm score in it was a 63%

there's a lot of econ classes i can choose for my minor. i need macro + micro, then 4 more econ classes for the minor.

In my econ class in HS we watched the Daily Show pretty much every day. We also watched Boiler Room and Wallstreet. My econ class rocked.

Up here I had to take micro first, as it was a prereq for macro. I don't really remember much of it being the same either.

I'm at University of Chicago, and uh, we have the best economics department in the world

I'm taking Econ 198 - Introduction to Microeconomics this quarter, so wish me luck, I'll let you guys know how it's goin

Back