Firefox 1.0.2

|vm| said:
FF is better than IE in every aspect.

i can't use IE without getting masses of spyware/viruses, eh

I never understood this. I've used nothing but IE for over 5 years now, without any problems with spyware or viruses.

Guess u suck?

daerid said:
I never understood this. I've used nothing but IE for over 5 years now, without any problems with spyware or viruses.

Guess u suck?
Along with everybody else that gets loaded up with spyware from using IE.

Also - Where the hell is badmofo at? Usually he is here by now calling us all fuckfaces for glorifying firefox.

daerid said:

Guess u suck?

It's like old Jack Burton always says, it's not the browser, its the operator.

Reverend Zero said:
Also - Where the hell is badmofo at? Usually he is here by now calling us all fuckfaces for glorifying firefox.
I think his head is hiding this thread from his eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I like firefox. I just prefer IE and can't understand why people get spyware/viruses from it. The only explanation I can think of is ignorance.

daerid said:

Guess u suck?
Probably because you were smart enough to disable ActiveX, remove MS-VM and install Java, keep your OS and IE updated and customize IE's other security settings while being smart about where you browse. Assuming that's all correct, then you're in the 1% of users who has the knowledge to browse with IE safely. For the rest of the web community IE is an open door to your machine. Spyware/malware/trojans are a HUGE problem and are only getting worse. The corporate IT industry is losing serious money over spyware/malware/trojan security issues. If you don't think that there are serious problems with IE then you're a blind man. SP2 was a step in the right direction, but it wasn't far enough.

the only thing i can't stand about IE is the tabbed browsing thing... i could NOT live without tabbed browsing, that shit is so nifty :heart: firefox

i will probably switch to IE when version 7 comes out if it has tabbed browsing

Back