Doaln, {YDG}Snipes or marantz

bLiSS

Veteran X
Doaln said:
if i was in your situation, and i was aways back, i'd shell out for a receiver and a 2.1 setup for now. connect to your pc and then build over time to a full surround sound.
{YDG}Snipes said:
Personally I would recommend just running the sounds from your computer into your house system and blwoing away basically any setup specifically for your computer :shrug:

i have an expensive house system and that's what I do
{YDG}Snipes said:
Mine goes to a wireless transmitter then receives at my stereo... like wireless headphones almost
{YDG}Snipes said:
yah, i basically just use my computer as the radio too anyways. much better having thousands of songs available right there in a library with unlimited playlists than switching CD's, etc not to mention getting window breaking sound out of it
Doaln said:
yeah, and since it's a receiver, i can also run my movies & tv through it.
So, either of you 3 guys. Give me a list of the things I need to buy and a quick run of how all this works. I'll try to look for other resources online once I have some information to start with.

I just need to be able to stream the audio from my computer to 2 large speakers from my HIFI, if that's feasible. Wirelessly is a must because the sound system is facing me in the back, I can't run wires in the middle of the room, nor do I want to :p

man. i watch TW too much cause I knew this thread was about audio just by the title.

I just run a stereo to RCA cable from my soundcard to my receiver. (
stereo-minijack-to-rca.jpg
)

And then my receiver is hooked up like any normal stereo: speakerwire runs to my speakers.

I'm sure there is a way to do it wirelessly, but I've never looked into that because I'm too poor to even consider those options.

wireless speakers are all really, really bad. only one i've ever heard that didn't totally suck cost about $45,000. :)

and yes, starting with 2.0 or 2.1 (and subsequently building from there) is the best way to go. so what's your question?

Snipes made it sound like it was fairly easy to make something stream wirelessly to a sound system. I just needed to know what was required to do it.

I've given up on that already. I'll find some ProMedia 2.1 from Klipsch, they're not all too expensive.

Damn that Dlink media player looks f'n slick.

I use my xbox for basically the same thing, and I thought I was getting a steal of a deal for $225 (box and modchip).

Screw trying to transmit audio wirelessly, go for the media player... You'd probably just pick up loads of distortion trying to transmit your signal anyway. The longer you keep the signal digital, the better.

you will lose sound quality
just need a wireless audio sender/reciever
Probally looking at 60-120 usd for a good one
I sell one at my work for 150 canadian ( its audio/video )

Back