[Request] Print View for posts

LouCypher

Veteran X
It would be nice to have a link on each post that I could click to display a page with just that post's text for easy printing.

Lou, you knew how to script in T2, write your own .css for the page and set your browser to use it.

Or, write a firefox plugin like that somethingawful.com guy did.

Last edited:
Dark Volcanic said:
Donate, you'll get WS template, whice comes close to a printable version.
Well right now I can just highlight the text I'm interested in (JWUGrad's Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe) and Print->Selection. I don't want a white background/black text scheme with images as links (which I can accomplish with The Proxomitron for free anyway) and I don't want everyone else's posts if I print the page without selecting the specific text first. The way I've done it just prints the recipe but doesn't include poster's name or anything else.

LouCypher said:
Well right now I can just highlight the text I'm interested in (JWUGrad's Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe) and Print->Selection. I don't want a white background/black text scheme with images as links (which I can accomplish with The Proxomitron for free anyway) and I don't want everyone else's posts if I print the page without selecting the specific text first. The way I've done it just prints the recipe but doesn't include poster's name or anything else.
Oh, I see what you mean now. Hrm... that may be a good idea.
A forum I visit occasionally has something that may work for this. viewpost.php?postid=xxxxxx

It pretty much shows just that post in normal thread format. I dunno if its built in or modded in though.

Okay, so its apparently built in, but not easily accessible here.

Last edited:
Barbarian said:
Lou, you knew how to script in T2, write your own .css for the page and set your browser to use it.

Or, write a firefox plugin like that somethingawful.com guy did.
If I weren't so lazy I'd just do a Proxomitron filter to add a "Print" link and dump to a new page. The colors aren't the issue though. I'd still like relevent info on the post and/or URL instead of just the text I selected.

Back