korn guitarist leaves band due to bands morals

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch, a founding member of Korn, has left the band and has rededicated his life to Christianity, according to the group's management.

"Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian 'Head' Welch, who has chosen Jesus Christ

as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end," a statement from the band reads. "Korn respects Brian's wishes, and hopes he finds the happiness he's searching for."

The announcement puts to rest weeks of rumors that Welch was unhappy with Korn's direction. On February 8, he had apparently written a "letter of resignation" to the band's management. In the note, Welch detailed a long list of reasons for leaving the band, including increased moral objections to Korn's music and videos. In particular, he was upset by how he was portrayed in the clip for their cover of Cameo's "Word Up," off their recently released Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 album. In the video, Welch's face was superimposed on a dog patrolling a strip club.

"I can go up there and play those songs and those solos but ... I distanced myself from Korn for probably a year and a half, two years. I just wanted to fade away, it was crazy. I was so gone," Welch told Bakersfield, California, radio station KRAB on Sunday. "But I found my way out and I want to help anyone that wants to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had to go through the lows to appreciate the highs and it's not perfect but it's damn near."

Welch plans on further explaining his decision to leave Korn this coming Sunday, when he'll address the congregation at the Valley Bible Fellowship in Bakersfield, California. And on February 28 he plans to leave for Israel.

oh boy

Korn was one of those bands that had a few good albums at the start and then lost their creativity before they even became respected and so they were never good.

That sucks. I like Korn, I havent listened to any of there stuff for a couple years but they were cool back when I payed attention.

i never really liked korn...i just think its funny that the guitar player is leaving because he doesnt agree with the morals of the band

oh my fucking god, lol

i used to be really into KoRn in HS, they were a good band to see live..after follow the leader it was all downhill though

Chic0 said:
oh my fucking god, lol

i used to be really into KoRn in HS, they were a good band to see live..after follow the leader it was all downhill though
I liked Issues a lot, but after that I didnt really pay attention.

I used to listen to korn back when they weren't a merchandising company. sound's like head has turned into a bit of a pussy tbh :eek:

Stimpson said:
I used to listen to korn back when they weren't a merchandising company. sound's like head has turned into a bit of a pussy tbh :eek:

yeah for realz

wah i cant party like i used to, better turn to jesus now that im nice and rich off the rock lifestyle :rolleyes:

a shame because i always thought he was the coolest guy in the band

Back