Mutha fucking hotmail and Outlook Express

Special---K

Contributor
Veteran XX
It worked perfectly fine for YEARS and now it constantly kicks me out and requires me to log into hotmail.com

wtf
gay ass shit

might be time to switch to my Gmail but I HATE having to log into a god damn website to check my mail

Or use gmail notifier.. it sits in the status bar and when a email comes it pops up a little box, just click it and it can open a new window or in the same window, no log in needed

I have 3 accounts from hmail, one of which is very old. They all worked from OE, but then one stopped. Now they all work again from OE. Hmm.. ??

I logged in thru the web page for a month or two and then it allowed me to use OE to read them. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. I would suggest that if you do get OE access to hotmail, even for a few minutes, dump your mail to local folders. Afaik, Hotmail doesn't have a good way to get your messages off of the server for backup, archiving, etc, so I'd dumped my hmail and I don't like "store" anything on them anymore...

Outlook Express just gives me an error when trying to access the hotmail account(s), so I just hit send/receive and it grabs all my email.

it's being weird

I can receive fine...but when I try to send a message through OE...it fails and then I lose all my hotmail folders

I have to log into hotmail.com and do that stupid screening test where they ask me to type in the letters I see in a mixed up picture...once I do that, I can send/receive again in OE and everything come back...but this is happening every damn day

sux

why would they cut off access to hotmail using their own damn program?

Special---K said:
why would they cut off access to hotmail using their own damn program?

If I had to guess, it's because: #1) It was a kinda "beta" thing anyways (it said that when you read from OE first time, first message). #2) You are skipping the ads on their site when you backdoor it.

I... don't think they did anything to it. I set my OE up this morning to check my hotmail, and it worked perfectly fine.

I think people with old email addresses are being allowed to keep pop email, because I can still access mine through express.

Back